Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Canvas (bell tents etc.) - two questions

(8 Posts)
flamingobingo Sat 04-Jul-09 12:48:24

From my dad:

1. Does the water come through if you touch the tent from the inside?

2. I know they all say you can put up a bell tent with just one person, but do you have to be one very strong person to stick the pole in when you're putting it up?

Thank you

DebiNewberry Sat 04-Jul-09 20:14:53

1. Umm, no, not if you touch it, but we do try to keep stuff from leaning on it.

2. I don't think you can do it with one person no. But my eldest small can hold it.

and an extra:

3. if you are thinking of one, try obelink.nl you have to order in dutch but it is much much cheaper than belltent people and exactly the same tent. you might know this already though, if so, sorry for being bossy!

flamingobingo Sat 04-Jul-09 20:19:14

grin

done already, but thanks for the tip!

DebiNewberry Sat 04-Jul-09 20:20:45

yes, just saw your other thread. bit of duplication there...

have fun in it

flamingobingo Sat 04-Jul-09 20:23:58

I absolutely can't wait to go camping in it - next trip booked for 4-10 August smile

Desperate to see if we can squeeze in at least one night in it before then though grin

oranges123 Mon 06-Jul-09 11:03:58

Hi - Just to say, I think you can put it up on your own although it will obviously take a bit longer. I have certainly done it and I am not especially strong, although I wouldn't have wanted to do it in a wind. It might be more difficult with a 5m tent too if you have one - we only have a 4m one so the canvas wasn't too hard to lift with the pole.

The worst bit is actually carrying the tent when it is packed - even the 4m one weighs a fair bit.

emmatart Wed 08-Jul-09 11:29:07

i need to errect my tent no instructions!

its a 4 person 2 bedroon campus super duo yellow and navy.

got divorced and never put up on own, tryed for 5 hours and gave up!

has anybody got this tent?

cand you advice me ware i might get instructions.

tent over ten years old but ok.

hmm

flamingobingo Wed 08-Jul-09 11:30:49

Emma - You may need to start a new thread about this with a more specific title so that you get more people clicking on it! hope you get the help you need smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now