Talk

Advanced search

More about bell tents - what's the difference between...

(10 Posts)
flamingobingo Fri 03-Jul-09 21:11:39

...this

and this

I can't work it out - can any experts have a look for me and see if they can?

FruitynNutty Fri 03-Jul-09 21:16:50

Is there supposed to be a difference? I can't see it either.......

trilobite Fri 03-Jul-09 21:20:26

looks the same and an even better bargain. how annoying!

flamingobingo Fri 03-Jul-09 21:28:39

Exactly what I thought - cheaper even than the ones from the dutch website so I keep thinking it's too good to be true and I must be missing something!

mumshadenough Fri 03-Jul-09 21:43:09

To be quite honest I reckon it's probably the quality of cnavas and the manufactuing process that makes the difference.
But If you just want a bell tent that looks good and will probably hold it;s own in a storm I dont think you can go wrong with the cheaper one.

mumshadenough Fri 03-Jul-09 21:43:38

canvas I cant spell!! grin

flamingobingo Sat 04-Jul-09 07:32:02

SO basically, if I want one to house hundreds of girl guides several million times a year and that will last for several millenia, then I need an expensive one. If it's for family holidays for twenty years or so, then cheap is probably ok?

I don't get, though, how they can look identical but be manufactured differently? Wouldn't it be the same manufacturer if they look so similar?

seeker Sat 04-Jul-09 07:44:12

We have friends who have one that looks exactly like the Amazon one. It's fab, but VERY heavy to carry, and to put up. I'm quite strong, and I had to carry it across the road last week and I could only just manage it. They've never used it in very bad weather, but it was absolutely fine in last summer's August downpours. I would prefer a ground sheet you can attach, myself, but that didn't really seem to ba a problem.

However,t hat did have to send their first one back because some of the stitching came apart when they first tried to put it up. The replacement came very quickly and has been fine, except for a D ring that came adrift and had to be sewn back on.

We have a much more expensive version that we love. i won't link to it unless you ask, because it was mega bucks, but we love it and winter camp in it and it's really light and.......

flamingobingo Sat 04-Jul-09 07:48:58

Yes, please do link to it. How does it differ from the amazon one (which looks identical to the camping with soul one, which, according to the gospel of MN, is supplied by obelink - both of which seem to get good reviews on here)?

seeker Sat 04-Jul-09 07:59:00

here

It's light, it goes up in 10 minutes, the ventilation is fantastic, it has withstood gale force winds, it dries very quickly - it's just generally wonderful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now