Talk

Advanced search

Duvet vs sleeping bags

(5 Posts)
alexw Fri 03-Jul-09 15:48:03

Dh loves to sleep with leg out of duvet and finds bag to restrictive generally. I dislike restrictiveness of bag but am worried that might be chilly with duvet. Am I being a wuss? Talking camping in July here...grin

Oblomov Fri 03-Jul-09 16:23:45

Watching with interest. We have just bought a caravan. Have 2 weeks booked in august. can't wait.

nikkid21 Fri 03-Jul-09 18:08:32

We always take a duvet as i can't get on with sleeping bags. July you will be fine - we sleep nekkid and don't get cold..

It can get chilly in September time but you can add layers. I find that as long as I wear my thick socks and a hat in bed I can camp throughout the year with a duvet.

We always sleep in bags, I have frozen my tits off under a duvet when camping with friends in high summer years ago, never again!

I also hate to be restricted though so I have one of these, I got it much cheaper though, you need to shop around.

Orangesarenottheonlyfruit Sun 05-Jul-09 14:43:14

Hi we have a 13 tog duvet and make a sort of double bed with 2 fat airics under blankets and a fitted sheet. I sleep in flannel pjs (sexy!). The nicest pj's are expensive but are here Hush When we went camping last week I was too hot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now