Talk

Advanced search

Best UK campsite?

(13 Posts)
PerfectPrefect Fri 03-Jul-09 14:34:52

What is the best campsite you have been to? and does it have the following?

Indoor swimming pool?
Outdoor swimming pool?
Bar?
Entertainment complex?
Beach within 15min drive

We are esepcially looking for recommendations in hte follwoing locations:

South Yorks
Lincs
Norfolk
N Wales & Blackpool area
North Devon/Somerset
South East coast/Isle of White

FairLadyRantALot Fri 03-Jul-09 14:57:33

Not sure it is the best campsite...but we went to Hemsby last year and it was fabulous
clean , beautyful clean beaches in walkging distance, Bar/Restaurant, and about 20 mins away from Great Yarmouth

nuttysquirrel Fri 03-Jul-09 22:33:54

Horgabost on Harris..........its got showers and toliets? does that count?? grin

www.scottishcampingguide.com/gallery.php?n=385

PerfectPrefect Fri 03-Jul-09 23:34:41

Sorry - but I have no intention of doing anythink near rustic,

I jsut don't know where to start. I find the reviews on UKcampsite good if you have a campsite in mind....but not good for browsing/filtering the best campsites.

nannyL Sat 04-Jul-09 08:29:41

with the exception of a beach a short drive (which i would be ambivalent to) my favourite sites wouldnt have any of the facilities in your list!

PerfectPrefect Sat 04-Jul-09 09:07:09

<My list wasn't a must have list, I would like some of them though...it was just intended as a way to see what sort of site it is....Yes wasn't necessarily the desired answer>

troutpout Sat 04-Jul-09 15:01:28

Oh ok i get you

Rynys campsite...snowdonia
(has nothing on your list)

troutpout Sat 04-Jul-09 15:03:34

Plas uchaf campsite...Anglesey
It's quite near the beach (you could walk)

Doozle Sat 04-Jul-09 22:29:18

Sandy Balls in New Forest has all your wishlist apart from being very close to a beach.

FairLadyRantALot Sun 05-Jul-09 15:18:35

OP...here is the campsite I was talking about
It is honestly brilliant

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Sun 05-Jul-09 18:26:22

Excepting abeach I would suggest Broadway House in Somerset (Cheddar)- scores well on all others (Beach at brean not that far away but avoid Burnham)- not cheap but nice.

Sandy Balls also nice (off there in 13 days grin) but can be hard to get a pitch main season, we book in January- worth it though

Isle Of Wight- bit holiday park-style but we like it, considerr NOdeas Point: no outdoor pool but beach is a 30 second stroll which more than compensates

PerfectPrefect Tue 07-Jul-09 22:47:46

TY

very familiar with the Yarmouth area, have book marked the hemsby one.

i had seen Nodes point and thought it looked OK...but my tent is too big for their standard pitch so i have to make sure I book a long way in advance....again bookmarked as it looks ideal.

i also love Cheddar (but what is wrong with Burnham? We had a good holiday there. Is Brean significantly better?)

<Have bookmarked some of he others too...but not hte rustic one grin - sorry>

usernametaken Wed 08-Jul-09 09:41:27

We did Broadway House at the start of the camping season (April). In April it was lovely as there were about 10 other people there, the site is massive though and I can't imagine going back in the height of summer.
It was a very well kept site, clean, good toilet facilities, washing up etc. We didn't use any of the bar/entertainment/pool facilities because it isn't our 'thing' but they looked fine.
I would go back off season again though.

Our normal camping places involve a field and a toilet block!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now