Talk

Advanced search

CAMPING COUNTDOWN - for the desperate campers

(92 Posts)
supersalstrawberry Fri 03-Jul-09 11:56:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ooooh yay, I'll join, just 8 days for me.grin

Deepdale in North Norfolk for a week with Sil and dc's and men.

Have already started amassing everthing in the back bedroom and obsesively checking metcheck (the weather will be great, the weather will be shit, great, shit, great shit, ad infitum).

This afternoon I'm going to make the soup to freeze for the first night.

Soooooooooooooooooooooo excited.(lots of new kit to play with this year too.)grin

Overmydeadbody Fri 03-Jul-09 12:10:40

Our next camping trip isn't till the 18th July, so too far away to start counting down, but I'll join in your excitement!grin

Still haven't washed the sleeping bags fomr the last (very hot and sweaty) camping trip.

BelleSeuss Fri 03-Jul-09 12:31:32

3 weeks today! First trip with baby and our new superduper big tent.

Hollands wood, New forest

supersalstrawberry Fri 03-Jul-09 12:46:06

Lilyloo Fri 03-Jul-09 12:50:11

I going on my first trip on 17 th vvvv excited to use all my new stuff grin bit worried about getting tent up though with 3 dc's and dog!!

Slubberdegullion Fri 03-Jul-09 13:14:58

Well I'm due to be going in, um 1 hour. Nothing in car, nothing out of garage, no food ready. NOTHING.

And the rain comes down and down and down

la la la

I'm singing my Father's camping song
(set to tune of Guide Me Oh Thy Great Jehova)

We love, we love, jolly jolly camping
In the God damn bastard rain
Down it falls, from syphillitic rain clouds
Sodding awful shitting rain
Jolly camping
Jolly camping
In the God damn bastard rain (bastard raaaaaain)
In the God damn bastard rain.

To think he used to sing this to us as tiny wee children. No wonder I have such a potty mouth.

But Slubber it looks good for later today and not at all shabby for the reat of the weekend.

Pull yourself together woman, and have some faith. Can you see enough blue to make a sailor a small pair of undercrackers?

Roffling at your Father's song, may adopt it and expose another generation.

LadyOfWaffle Fri 03-Jul-09 13:35:25

OH, can I join? We are going (first time ever for DH and the kids, I haven't been for years) tomorrow for one night grin Just making up a list now Rung the campsite (turn up and camp) and they said they have been full the last two weekends shock Hope the rain puts people off tomorrow though I am so excited! grinblush

Slubberdegullion Fri 03-Jul-09 13:41:43

Oh LOW that is the spirit.

Yes I am excited too, but Wildy there is NO blue sky here, oh no. Thick, dense, dark brooding clouds.

Tent and poles and pegs in car. Am off to lob in some bedding and driving round to pitch in friend's garden.

My stupid, stupid tarp that has taken nearly 5 weeks to arrive, arrived this morning, while I was out grrrrrrrrrrrr, so now I have to drive to the sodding postal collection place in the midlle of town to pick it up. balls balls balls.

There is no copyright on my father's delightful ditty. All are welcome to use and enjoy. If you sing the last refrain with some gusto, really put your heart into it, it does make you feel heaps better.

bigTillyMint Fri 03-Jul-09 14:22:25

17 days for us too!
Then it's France, here we come! The weather looks good for the next 10 days, so I hope it holds smile

bigTillyMint Fri 03-Jul-09 14:23:50

Meant to say SSS, how do you plan to waterproof the tent - we have a big one, too big for our garden and we would need a ladder to spray the top.

Have you got any tips?

Haywire Fri 03-Jul-09 15:02:08

Approx 20 hours to go woohooo. will keep ditty in reserve but weather sites are all looking a bit gloomy so may need it later.

nikkid21 Fri 03-Jul-09 18:12:48

19 days until we go sad

But dh and I are off to Las Vegas for a week on monday. FIL is coming down to look after DD & DS and take them to school for the week.
Am v.excited about going to big camping shop out there. (tragic isn't it)

supersalstrawberry Fri 03-Jul-09 18:18:38

sarah293 Fri 03-Jul-09 18:28:26

Message withdrawn

supersalstrawberry Fri 03-Jul-09 18:37:27

TheMadHouse Fri 03-Jul-09 18:44:25

Sal the table and stools is such good value, we bought one last week on our Henley trip.

I am booking up in Helmsley for next weekend

supersalstrawberry Fri 03-Jul-09 18:47:54

bigTillyMint Fri 03-Jul-09 18:50:44

SSS, there's no way I could reach the top on a chair - ours is 6ft+ head height all along (tunnel) Why didn't I marry a giraffe? grin

troutpout Fri 03-Jul-09 19:09:03

Bigtilly
You could just spray the top bit that you can't reach when you lay it out on the ground before you erect it (oooooeer)

Not going camping till the end of the month now. envy

daisydancer Fri 03-Jul-09 21:19:07

Slubber, I love your song! I've already sung it three times and can't wait to share it with Dh when he comes home. We've got to wait until the end of July - camping in Loire Valley. Can't wait. Are going cheating camping (ish!!) on Monday to poncey yurt where I'll help fairly novice Dh hone camping skills for nylon tent camping in France!!! Just excited that Summer hols are beginning and about being outside.

Glitterknickaz Fri 03-Jul-09 21:20:35

22 days here!!!

Slubberdegullion Sun 05-Jul-09 20:18:33

I did not need to sing the jolly camping song. Weather glorious. Metcheck liars.

Put tent up and down TWICE by myself [huzzah] so this means I absolutely can go sans DH in august sad but [huzzah].

13 days until Anglesey and counting....

yorkiemom Mon 06-Jul-09 07:51:12

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now