Talk

Advanced search

So are all the collapsible chairs the same?

(7 Posts)
hanaflower Thu 02-Jul-09 22:50:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

scrappydappydoo Thu 02-Jul-09 23:03:37

No - we brought cheapy ones for ages and they kept falling apart - we now have nice eurohike ones which when we camp with others its like musical chairs if we move grin
IMHO I would at least try sitting in them beforehand and go for comfort, stability and durability rather than brands and colours...

PrettyCandles Thu 02-Jul-09 23:07:15

In our experience, the cheaper the flimsier.

Personally I like the ones without armrests, not that easy to find though. They often have lower backs too. The usual style is too saggy for me, kills my back, but the armless ones are less saggy and the low back gives me some lumbar support.

I need to find one before our camp this August. Dh managed to destroy mine last year.

AitchTwoOh Thu 02-Jul-09 23:09:16

i bought one by mistake in tesco, pc. have a look there. funnily enough i agree with you, it turned out to be the more comfortable of our chairs imo so i was very happy to sit on it.

hanaflower Thu 02-Jul-09 23:12:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

We have hude semi reclining things from Blacks, they are stupidly comfy, they will go upright for eating etc, but to me the most important criteria for a chair, is - is it comfy enough to sit on for a whole evenings worth of relaxing?

The dc's have adult moonchairs, the most uncomfy thing ever for an adulthmm, but perfect for them they are like little hammocks, dd has her naps in hers. On the other hand childrens moon chairs seem to be about the right size for a Barbie, what's that all about? (sorry off topic a tad)grin

JetLi Fri 03-Jul-09 06:51:37

We've had some Asda cheapo ones for about 9 years now - they've been all over with us and I'm really very surprised at how long they've lasted, given they were only about a fiver each.
I think when we eventually come to replace them though, I'd try and get something a bit lighter - they are on the heavy side.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now