Talk

Advanced search

First time camping - need advice (and we have a 7 mo as well..)

(4 Posts)
tostaky Thu 02-Jul-09 11:19:29

Friends are going camping in the scotland (isle of skye) and now we are too...

So what are the essiental things we need to get? someone lend us a three people igloo tent which needs airing. what else do we need?

What about the baby, where is he going to sleep? and feeding? baby jars only? and showers?

monkeypinkmonkey Fri 03-Jul-09 07:46:18

I'm no expert but went camping last week with my friend and she took her 7 month yo. She took baby's crib from pushcahir for her to sleep in . If you don't have one moses basket? She bf in bedroom area of tent (she said it was much easier to get privacy then she thought it would be!) She did take jars but also lots of finger foods, her dd also had oatibix and whenever we ate out she had something out too.
One essential was obviously the stove with a pan large enough to sterilse equiptment.
Showers... you can get these
Don't know if that helps but hopefully an expert will come along with someother suggestions.

Curiousmama Sat 04-Jul-09 19:50:45

Can your friends advise? Are they seasoned campers?

Doozle Sat 04-Jul-09 22:22:49

Well it all depends on the campsite you're going to (does it not have toilets, showers, sink etc?. If it doesn't have running water, then I reckon it's going to be quite tough.

And also depends on what stuff your friends have.

The basics you'd need between you all are:
Torches
Camping Stove (plus camping pans/kettle/utensils/plates/bowls/extra gas)
Duvets/lots of warm clothes for night time
Airbed highly recommended
Coolbag for milk/butter/cheese and so on

Do you BF or bottle feed? You could do just jars and finger foods as previously mentioned.

It's great, we went with our baby when she was 1 and was fine. Have been several times since too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now