Talk

Advanced search

picnic set for camping trips - I'm more glamping than minimal but it needs to be cheap!

(14 Posts)
DottyDot Wed 01-Jul-09 21:20:15

I've googled and can't find much - picnic set for four with as much in it as possible, as small and cheap as possible, but nice....!

John Lewis have some nice stuff, but all separate, do you mean like a hamper type thing?

Goober Wed 01-Jul-09 22:08:45

Tesco are doing a set of 12 things, 4xplates, bowels, cups for 75p. Buy 6 sets!

DottyDot Wed 01-Jul-09 22:15:17

Thanks - will check out Tescos as after I started the thread I remembered I'd bought a new little rucksack from Aldi a couple of weeks ago, so will use that and buy picnic stuff to put in it!

We're off in a week's time for our first family camping trip - am ridiculously excited and feeling the need to spend money! grin

Goober Wed 01-Jul-09 22:22:14

Hope it goes ok. We have just bought our first tent and will be christenning it soon.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 01-Jul-09 22:25:22

Can't you buy separate stuff from supermarkets? Perrrrsonally I'd go for nice melamine type stuff rather than jelly plastic stuff (sorry can't explain it any other way). Just feels nicer. The jelly stuff sometimes comes in a clear bag - a whole set togther.

The melamine is definitely more glamp. I can't walk past the aisle without gazing. blush

BHS had some very nice kitch melamine plates at £2 each. Little strawberries dotted all over them.

Orangesarenottheonlyfruit Thu 02-Jul-09 09:34:31

These are quite nice and are on sale www.dotcomgiftshop.com/picnic-hampers.

bea Thu 02-Jul-09 16:46:29

oooo! I like those Oranges... dotty i might have to get myself one....!!! grin

DottyDot Thu 02-Jul-09 17:46:58

Oy - you're such a camper stalker..!! grin We should at least co-ordinate if we buy them so we get different ones..!

cerys Thu 02-Jul-09 18:17:32

I know it's a typo but LOL and grin at bowels in Tesco.....

Goober Thu 02-Jul-09 19:38:14

Shit!
I've done that before too. blush

northmetking Thu 02-Jul-09 21:13:56

Don't know if you're going in the car, but if
so, why not take proper stuff? Much nicer to eat off and you can get it cheap from a charity shop, so your money's going to a good cause and there is no environmental impact. Barely takes up any more room, but it feels like luxury, especially if you can get hold of some nice flowery china...

BelleSeuss Fri 03-Jul-09 15:19:59

Sainsbury's have 25% off their picnic stuff at the moment - but I couldn't get a matching set at our branch.

Try nettlegreen.co.uk for drool worthy melamine (not cheap!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now