Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bed buying advice needed

(4 Posts)
MollieO Wed 01-Jul-09 20:18:38

I need advice on what beds to get for myself and ds (5). I have two requirements - comfort and smallest size (sports car with small boot). I have looked at camp beds, air beds, thermarests and fat airics and have no clue what to choose. Whatever beds I get they will be used with sleeping bags. Help!

kiwibella Wed 01-Jul-09 20:38:56

fat airics... the best we have ever had!!

MollieO Wed 01-Jul-09 20:41:58

Do you need anything else with a fat airic and do they pack up small? I liked the look of an airbed but then have read comments that you need a mat underneath. I have room for one or the other but not both!

blithedance Sat 04-Jul-09 22:45:58

here is a useful article about sleeping mats.

IME the best thing is a self inflating mattress but look carefully at the pack size. Fat Airics are 2 or 3 times the regular size, you would struggle with space. I sleep on a 4cm Thermarest Lite and it's fine, especially since I'm not cold.

There are so many threads on here about trying to keep warm while sleeping on an airbed (blankets, foil sheets, newspaper, cardboard, sleeping mat on top) that I'd never suggest anybody got one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now