Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for sites in Pembrokeshire in easy reach of good food !

(5 Posts)
sazlocks Sun 28-Jun-09 20:26:36

Planning to take our caravan off to Pemrokeshire for a couple of weeks in early Sept. Not sure where - somewhere small, wild and coastal preferably. DS will be about 20 months and I will be about 6 ish months pregnant. Whilst I don't mind cooking the odd meal and DH will as well I wanted to try and go somewhere in easy reach of nice , cheap pref vegy food and good deli's. No idea where to look in Pembrokeshire - anyone got any ideas ?
Thanks

monkeyfacegrace Sun 28-Jun-09 20:53:04

I use South Cockett (sp?) near Broad Haven beach. Its a lovely farm, owned by a Mr & mrs James, who look after you really well. Huge camping field, and numerous pitches for tourers. Really cheap too. Not waling dist to anything, but v.short drive to Broad Haven beach, a tescos the other direction, and nice beaches at Milford Haven and Druidston Haven.

sazlocks Sun 28-Jun-09 20:57:34

cheers monkeyfacegrace - sounds good. Checked on the map and its a bit too far for us to go - so I am probably looking for a site anywhere north of St Davids.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sun 28-Jun-09 21:34:51

Hmm. Question is where in north pembs do you get that kind of food, and particularly good delis.

I wonder if Cardigan is better than it used to be? Haven't been there for yeasr.

Is Llandeilo the wrong place for you? that's getting quite smart and might have some nice places to eat.

sazlocks Mon 29-Jun-09 07:49:05

thanks marymotherof checked the map and yes its too far. Worth knowing about if we are ever down that way though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now