Talk

Advanced search

Water carriers that don't make the water taste minging

(12 Posts)
Glitterknickaz Sun 28-Jun-09 18:19:40

I have a Tosco water carrier. It's kind of bag like, not hard plastic.

Is there a water carrier available that doesn't make the water taste disgustingly plastic-y? It's really hideous even after boiling it.

Need to consider lack of space too.... I'd love an aquaroll but they take up too much room.

troutpout Sun 28-Jun-09 18:22:57

Yes...
You get a normal big water bottle from a supermarket... and don't bother with a 'carrier' grin
I tried a few carriers and realised they all make it taste weird and you don't need to store that much water anyway.

Glitterknickaz Sun 28-Jun-09 18:25:40

What you mean like a huuuuuuge evian type bottle?

troutpout Sun 28-Jun-09 18:27:45

yes ...exactly smile
although it would be Tesco own brand in our case grin

supersalstrawberry Sun 28-Jun-09 18:32:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WhereTheWildThingsWere Sun 28-Jun-09 21:37:59

We just have a hard plastic one with a tap, the water just tastes like water.

Before every trip I clean it with bicarb, lemon juice and white vinegar, to get rid of any kind of smell or taste.

chevre Sun 28-Jun-09 22:06:39

arse, after years of buying the big buttocks of water from supermarkets i finally bought a collapsable one yesterday

Goober Sun 28-Jun-09 22:09:34

Ooooh I love you lot!
I am just getting together our camping stuff for first time and was wonderring about this!
I shall buy the Value bottles and be done with it then.
Ta-much!

sweatybits Mon 29-Jun-09 15:08:04

Agree I started with the huge bottle of water from the supermarket afer my water container got a hole inthe bottom, tastes much better. Don't get the fancy mineral stuff though goes all horrible in the kettle.

Overmydeadbody Mon 29-Jun-09 15:24:13

We use Sigg water bottles, but admittedly they are too small to use as water storage next to tent.

here

ZoeC Mon 29-Jun-09 16:15:38

3-litre bottle of Robinsons squash works well once empty - they even have a handle!

Our collapsible one leaked at the first go, never again.

Pixel Tue 30-Jun-09 17:05:40

We've given up bothering to take a water container, we only really use it to fill the kettle anyway so we just take that to the tap. Besides, if you have a heavy container, you can't send the children to do it for you, but they can manage to carry a kettle by themselves wink.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: