Talk

Advanced search

16 month old - what to sleep on

(6 Posts)
babyOcho Sat 27-Jun-09 21:51:14

We are camping in Norfolk at the end of July and DD will be 16 months. What does she sleep on? DO we take our travel cot, of just take the mattress? Or borrow one of those pop-up travels cots? Or something else?

tia

Ivykaty44 Sat 27-Jun-09 21:57:08

depends how big your tent is - when dd was 8 months we took a frame tent and travel cot. When I took took her at 18 months I took foam roll out mattresses for my 2 dd's to lye on beside me in a three man tent.

You could take a foam matresses and then lay a duvet on it and sleeping bags ontop for a cosy comfy bed for you all.

daisydancer Sat 27-Jun-09 21:57:31

I took a travel cot when DS1 was 8 months old. It was September and got very cold at night so he ended up sleping with me. It's a good idea to put something cosy under the little one - a real sheep's skin or perhaps the cosy toes from your buggy, as long as your DD won't escape and is cosy, I'm sure whatever you decide will be fine. Have a lovely time!

Jojay Sat 27-Jun-09 21:58:22

Ours sleep in a normal travel cot

kiwibella Sat 27-Jun-09 22:48:26

our dd (now 2.4 months) has a ready-bed which we got before we went camping last summer. The early ones have higher sides... and are available with cute characters!

I have never used a travel cot camping, we each sleep on an air bed with a dc.

Make sure you take plenty of bedding I was surprised how much I had to wrap up dd (5mo at the time) in Norfolk last August.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now