Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

hmmm, have decided that we're going to camp near DP's work for a week so he has a break from commuting. So - campsites near preston with 2.5 and 1 yr old, any recommendations!

(6 Posts)
robino Fri 26-Jun-09 07:43:32

this is either insanity or genius. In theory, DP gets a working holiday (or at least a change from the same old) and we get to see a bit more of him... And i look after the kids as usual but from a tent. Written that way - i'm scared! My mum might come for a couple of days too. So - any recommendations? He actually works in leyland. Don't need too many facilities but guess showers, washing machine and play area would make life easier.

daftbat Fri 26-Jun-09 22:33:29

Hi, used to live in Leyland but no sites spring to mind. I'll put the feelers out. Where do you live (ie how long is his usual commute) and what age are the kids and I'll see what I can come up with...

NormaLeighLucid Fri 26-Jun-09 22:43:17

Here is probably the closest (and most decent) to Leyland that I can think of.

stickybun Fri 26-Jun-09 23:36:56

Good luck Robino - I thought of doing this in S.W. we aren't but I think it could be a fab thing to do. One friend asked whether I wouldn't feel guilty as dh at work and what if longer driving involved. Not particularly positive - I think it's a fab idea and am surprised more people don't do it. Good luck smile

PortAndLemon Fri 26-Jun-09 23:55:22

Sounds like genius (although if he normally does long hours at work because his family aren't nearby and he has nothing better to do you may need to discuss adjusting those expectations for the week before you go -- have done something similar ourselves and that was a potential friction point).

wohmum Fri 26-Jun-09 23:57:07

I can't think of any specific campsite, but I used to live near Preston and if you can find any around Garstang or Scorton, they would be close enough and in a lovely area on the edge of the bowland forest.

many of the villages around are nice so have a search I'm sure you'll find some

good luck - and what a nice idea!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now