Talk

Advanced search

leaving after school tomorrow for a long weekend of camping. I haven't even started packing yet, tell me I don't need to iron all the clothes we will be taking?

(13 Posts)
Overmydeadbody Wed 24-Jun-09 21:28:13

Because almost everythin we will be taking is in a huge ironing pile after having been wshed after last weekend's camping.

#i really can't be bothered to iron it.

Does it matter if I just shove it all into the rucksack without ironing it? Just straighten each thing and rollit up into a sausage?

I have a stinking cold.

I am not in the mood to pack anyway.

Tell me I will get better in time to enjoy a weekend under canvas?

nikkid21 Wed 24-Jun-09 21:44:24

Sod the clothes - dump them all in the biggest bag that you can find and squash under your feet. They are only going to get creased and filty anyway (esp if like my kids)
Sit back a pour a large class of wine (better for colds than lemsip). I went last week with a stinking cold and found that I could breathe better in the fresh air.

MrsGokWan Wed 24-Jun-09 21:46:41

Who iron's anyway??? I never iron in day to day life.

Just straighten out and roll into sausages and pack in the rucksack.

funnypeculiar Wed 24-Jun-09 21:48:21

God, defn not worth ironing - but if you have a chance, roll everything as you're packing it - will make things slightly less creased grin

(I should be packing for our weekend under canvas in West Whittering...)

saggyhairyarse Wed 24-Jun-09 21:48:23

Nah, don't bother ironing. You might feel a bit scuzzy but if you're ill your ill.

JudyBlume1019 Wed 24-Jun-09 21:49:53

ooh, you've just reminded me, I think we might have an iron, no idea how it works though

Overmydeadbody Wed 24-Jun-09 22:07:51

lol Judy

Thanks everyone, I feel better now. You are all right, they will only get creased and muddy and wet anyway.

If I had wine I would be drinking it. I will certainly be packing it for the weekend grin

Am not looking forward to the journey though, a mad cycle to the train station to catch the train with a friggin great rucksack on, a train journey and two bus journeys till we reach the campsite. Total travelling time: 4 hrs <<weeps>>

rookiemater Wed 24-Jun-09 22:09:22

Ironing for camping <<ironic laugh>>, better stamping onthe clothes with mud now to save any bother later.

PacificDogwood Wed 24-Jun-09 22:10:35

Why, oh why, would you even thing about ironing anything that is going camping???

Take Lemsip (or whatever), hot toddy and put feet up: nobody likes a cougher in a tent grin!!

Overmydeadbody Wed 24-Jun-09 22:19:11

Yes, why was I contemplating ironing it all?!shock It must be this stinking cold. I'm not thinking straight.

MrsGokWan Thu 25-Jun-09 11:14:38

Hope you are feeling tons better today OMDB and are looking forward to your camping trip.

How are you today OMDB? I hope you are feeling better, remember to pack the whisky for that cold.

It can't take you that long to pack, you being a minimalist an' all, surely you just throw a bit of old tarpaulin, a pan and a box of matches into a knapsac and bobs your uncle?winkgrin

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Thu 25-Jun-09 12:04:51

Irpon?

Oh goodness no

DH nicks the fuses from my two (I tried two in the hope of stoping him) as fast as I repair them, haven't had an iron useable for months

they go in those under the bed bags in the boot carrier

however I can pack for 6 including a toddler in under an hour <<preen??

(and I never forget almost all DH's stuff, honest- ooops blush)*

Grown man, pack for thyself

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now