Talk

Advanced search

camping virgin

(5 Posts)
kylesmybaby Mon 22-Jun-09 22:36:24

can you give me some ideas of what i need. we are going on a beavers family camp at the weekend. was told the colony would provide tent. stupidly thought it covered 'everything' but no it only means the tent itself.

what do i need to borrow to make it more comfortable. they are providing food etc so its really just sleeping equipment.

ds7 has a blow up bed with sleeping bag thingy - is that ok?

thanks

MumHadEnough Mon 22-Jun-09 23:48:23

Hi Kyles, yes I imagine the "ready bed" will be totally fine for ds.

For yourself you need either a self inflating mat, or air bed. If an air bed then some kind of blanket for underneath it (rubber/foil backed picnic blanket) to keep the cold out the air in your bed.

Then either a sleeping bag or big thick duvet to keep you nice and warm.

Take good warm jammies for both of you, or leisure suits, with nice fleecy socks. A fleece jacket for if you get cold and a hat if you find it really cold at night.

Try to also borrow a little lamp or something for in your tent at night. And maybe a couple of fold up chairs?

Don't forget to put something under ds's bed too! And I'm not sure that he will be warm enough make sure you have extra blankets.

kylesmybaby Tue 23-Jun-09 08:33:08

thank you. i am getting so excited now. we have never done anything like this so we will have a ball.

better not rain .. lol

MumHadEnough Tue 23-Jun-09 12:43:01

You will have a ball. I think the weather this weekend has to be nice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now