Talk

Advanced search

Good coffee and camping can mix

(12 Posts)
Mung Mon 22-Jun-09 22:04:35

I think I have found the solution to feed my coffee addiction whilst camping.
Anyone used one of these Aeropress'?
What is it like?

chelseamorning Mon 22-Jun-09 23:11:02

Sorry, never used one.

I need at least two large mugs of coffee in the mornings so we just take a cafetiere.

nikkid21 Tue 23-Jun-09 09:05:48

we have one of these for morning espresso shots

here

thrifty Tue 23-Jun-09 10:19:05

we also have one of those nikki :-) tkmaxx do them in a variety of sizes for around a fiver. Warm up some milk in a pan, add your espresso and you get a pukka latte :-)

Overmydeadbody Tue 23-Jun-09 11:09:59

Um...

I just take a normal espresso maker and wack it on top of the gas for perfect coffee while camping. Mine is a bigger version of nikki's, so I still get big cups of coffee!grin

I ahve a version of nikki's too, makes fab coffee.

paisleyleaf Tue 23-Jun-09 13:38:44

We have the stove top espresso maker for home and away too

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Tue 23-Jun-09 13:41:11

I use a filter when camping but my Senseo thing might sneak in the car if there's space when we have EHU at sandy balls grin

DH would seriously hmm though as he can't have coffee so it's just me LOL

chevre Tue 23-Jun-09 13:44:26

i am trying to imagine dh's face if i sneaked the gaggia in on a camping trip! might be worth trying

troutpout Tue 23-Jun-09 14:10:45

Lyons do fresh ground coffee in bags. They are quite nice.
here
honest smile

Mung Wed 24-Jun-09 21:23:27

I have one of those hob top espresso makers somewhere...I had totally forgotten about that. Thanks for the reminder...

ABetaDad Wed 24-Jun-09 21:41:48

A Bialetti Moka Express is very simple and durable to use on a gas burner. Comes in various sizes. Take tins of good quality ground coffee with you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now