Talk

Advanced search

Camp site recommendations up to 1.5 hours from heathrow/london/m4

(6 Posts)
PavlovtheForgetfulCat Mon 22-Jun-09 21:32:26

We are going into towards London from this direction on sunday next week and want to stop overnight for a romantic night in our lovely hippy soulpad on the way. It will be just me and DH, and maybe some stars.

I did a thread already, realising only afterwards that I was asking for camp sites under the heathrow flight path!

We are happy to drive a little way London in the direction of reading type way (not good on what is around that area sorry).

Any recommendations, please let me know. We want quiet, peaceful, maybe a nice romantic walk, pubs or eateries not needed.

Milliways Tue 23-Jun-09 20:17:02

Swiss Farm in Henley-on-Thames?

You can walk into Henley centre, or along the river.

The campsite has a very formal area for caravans, motorhomes, but lovely large fields for free pitching of tents, with or without hook-up. Showers are hot & free, loos immaculate, & it has an outdoor pool!

If you want really basic then we love Britchcombe Farm nr Farringdon, where loos are mainly (very large and clean) portaloos, but you have fantastic views and open fires allowed The owner is an amzing 80yr old lady as well.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Tue 23-Jun-09 20:34:21

I was looking at the Swiss farm one. that looks perfect, not too bothered by open fire for this one night, but I like the look of the other one too. I shall show DH both and see what he thinks of them. Thanks smile

scienceteacher Tue 23-Jun-09 20:36:44

There is a campsite in Chertsey - about 20 minutes from LHR. There are nice riverside walks and a couple of modest places to eat.

scienceteacher Tue 23-Jun-09 20:37:17

Sorry, it is Laleham that I am thinking of - across the river from Chertsey.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Tue 23-Jun-09 20:41:13

thanks i shall look that one up too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now