Talk

Advanced search

Cool box vs Cool bag vs electric thingy - what do we need for 10 days in France?

(10 Posts)
funnypeculiar Mon 22-Jun-09 20:53:55

We are trying not too go too mad on kit - what is the least we can get away with buying without regretting it?

TIA helpful mn campers (will be on next week with my cooker questions grin)

wohmum Mon 22-Jun-09 20:57:42

if you can get a cheap electric fridge I'd go for that every time - ok it may limit you a bit to piches with elec, but its so much nicer to have cold milk and butter that isn't melted - and it will propb be even hotter in France than here.

if you don't want to go elec I think you are best to get a cool box rather than a bag as Im sure they keep the cold better

funnypeculiar Mon 22-Jun-09 21:07:06

Thanks wohmum - I think we are at heart 'rough' campers, and the idea of electric appliances doesn't sit well with my idea of what camping is 'all about' grin

P'raps cool box is the way to go...

wohmum Mon 22-Jun-09 21:11:18

ah, in that case you def don't want a fridge - cool box will be fine ( plus its a handy extra table!)

funnypeculiar Mon 22-Jun-09 21:32:09

ooh, hadn't thought about the table thing

SazzlesA Mon 22-Jun-09 21:34:04

Message withdrawn

funnypeculiar Mon 22-Jun-09 21:48:08

So how does that work Sazzies? When does it power up, so to speak? <clueless>

SazzlesA Mon 22-Jun-09 21:51:49

Message withdrawn

SazzlesA Mon 22-Jun-09 21:56:36

Message withdrawn

funnypeculiar Mon 22-Jun-09 21:57:52

Ah, so you take it off with you on your jaunts? Suspect we may be rather lazy beach based. If you don't drive about, does it loose heat faster than a 'normal' coolbox.
Am debating the Coleman xtreme now, which does look rather cool <pun intended>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now