Talk

Advanced search

Warm nightwear - help!

(10 Posts)
Glitterknickaz Mon 22-Jun-09 20:46:01

I'm looking for some warm nightwear for us all - don't particularly care what it looks like but having great difficulty finding any this time of year.

We went camping the early May bank holiday and were frozen in our normal pjs!

We need something fleecy don't we ideally?

There's me - I'm quite a big lady at a size 20, DH is a 34 waist 34 leg, DS1 is in size 5-6 clothes, DS2 is in size 4-5 clothes and DD is in 9-12 months clothes.

I know it will be warmer now than in May but I'd rather have it than us freeze our bums off! Any heads ups on places to get some cosy nightwear would be much appreciated!

jambutty Mon 22-Jun-09 20:52:51

Sounds like you need layers -thermals/base layers. Can't find any online just now, will keep looking.

Glitterknickaz Mon 22-Jun-09 20:56:44

thanks jambutty, am having trouble finding it myself!

You need this threadgrin.

NumptyMum Mon 22-Jun-09 21:22:31

layers is best - you might find you get warm in the morning when the sun comes out and warms up the tent grin. socks and hats are best bet, you lose a lot of heat from your head. eBay probably the best bet for DC pjs/warm things - don't just look for pjs, look for 'sports' type clothes, eg joggers or thermal/fleecy t-shirts.

The other thing I've seen suggested in other threads is to have a rubber or foil backed picnic rugs to put down under air beds - stops the damp making the air inside them cold, apparently.

Glitterknickaz Mon 22-Jun-09 21:25:28

*cunningly plots how to get DH in one of those*

Kbear Mon 22-Jun-09 21:27:07

Wear tracksuits in bed - then you can get up and go to the loo in the morning and you're already dressed!

Overmydeadbody Wed 24-Jun-09 19:28:03

Layers is the way to go.

In the colder months DS and I wear leggings and tracky bums on top of them, and fitted long-sleeved t-shirts or thermals with a hoodie or sweater. I have been known to wear four layers to sleep in sometimes, it is so cold.

Socks are a must, and I also recommend a buff (rather than a hat) to keep ears and head warm.

JonathonRipplesnipples Wed 24-Jun-09 20:39:23

You need thermals
I am a wimp and get really miserable if i'm cold
You need Thick socks too

Glitterknickaz Wed 24-Jun-09 20:58:24

I've just got us all some thermals - yayyyy! Mind you I can't stop laughing at the name on the packet of mine - Pasionelle..... more like passion killer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now