Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

sleeping bags for kids?

(6 Posts)
catgirl Mon 22-Jun-09 20:37:57

advice please oh wise ones... when we camp our 6 year old is on a campbed with a sleeping bag, dh ditto. Me and nearly 3 year old on double airbed with duvet... when should he/could he have a sleeping bag ?? Only started camping last year, so ds1 was old enough by then for bag.... he is in an adult on by the way.... thanks!

Lisaannb Mon 22-Jun-09 21:44:52

Hi we have just bought our 2 ( 4 & 5 years olds) Outwell kids sleeping bags. They do Dinosaur adventure for boys and flower fairies for girls and they totally love them. really warm and cosy.

You can get junior bags bags like this one, my ds has been in one of these since he was 3, or you can just use and adult bag and tie it off to make it smaller.

troutpout Tue 23-Jun-09 19:14:46

We just use adult vango bags and tie them off to make them smaller. dd has been in one of these since she was 18 months

PrettyCandles Tue 23-Jun-09 19:25:27

We have loads of sleeping bags from our pre-dc days. Until the child was out of a cot and therefore out of their grobag-type sleeping bag, they slept in that same bag when we camped. Just used extra clothes underneath and chucked something over them if they seemed chilly when we went to bed. Once the dc was out of the grobag, they used one of our old camping bags, tied off about a foot from the end so that they couldn't get lost inside the bag.

By 7 ds1 was tall enough not to need to hav ethe bag tied off, so I'm glad we didn't waste money on junior bags that we would have barely used.

catgirl Tue 23-Jun-09 21:31:01

ohh thanks - will try our extra sleeping bag next time then! Cheers!
by the way, lovely site to recommend on Anglesey: kingsbridge caravan site.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now