Talk

Advanced search

Microfibre Towels

(29 Posts)
MumHadEnough Sun 21-Jun-09 23:29:42

I bought a small one of these in Dunelm today, in a little drawstring bag, reduced to £2. Just bought one to try it out before investing in a few and I'm REALLY impressed grin.

Going to go back tomorrow and buy a few of the bigger ones for me and dh, 2 smaller ones for ds and will keep the one from today for my hair. Does anyone else use them? They are going to save me soooooo much space!

I think the bigger ones were down to £3.20

happyjules Mon 22-Jun-09 01:12:06

yes, i have quite a few mainly for the gym and they are brilliant. do make sure you was them per instructions as they (mine anyway)dont apreciate fabric conditioner.

troutpout Mon 22-Jun-09 12:07:31

They are brilliant

What/who are dunelm?

Hmm I might go and look this afternoon, towels take up so much space. Thanks for the tip.

This is Dunelm.

MumHadEnough Mon 22-Jun-09 13:55:29

You're welcome grin

Jules, I use bold 2 in 1 gel, do you think they'd be okay with washing them in that or would that knacker them?

Have read a couple of threads on UKCS too which say don't use fabric conditioner on them.

Bold 2in1 is fine, as the fab. con. in it is clay based (years of nappy washing experience), 'tis my camping laundry liquid of choice too, just the right size.......

MumHadEnough Mon 22-Jun-09 14:10:54

Thank you WTWTW, you are indeed a font of knowledge grin.

I love mumsnet, you learn something new every single day!

grin

<<goes off to fill head with more useless crap handy hints, for those in need>>

fruitful Mon 22-Jun-09 14:21:06

What do the towels feel like?

I've got microfibre nappy inserts and the feel of them sets my teeth on edge. That synthetic skin-catchy static feel.

I couldn't imagine drying myself with something like that. Are the towels different?

MumHadEnough Mon 22-Jun-09 14:26:11

Exactly the same fruitful. This time last year I could touch them as my hands must have been quite dry and they were catching on the dry skin.

However, for some reason my hands are lovely and soft at the moment, plus I have been using E-cloths recently, so I think I've got used to the feel now.

And this is coming from a person who had a PHOBIA of cotton wool because of the feel, lol.

fruitful Mon 22-Jun-09 14:28:32

Aah, ok. I'll stick to the humungous fluffy ones then.

My hands were lovely and soft when ds1 had excema and I was rubbing cream on him all the time. He's got better now and guess what? grin. Must moisturize ...

Thanks again for the tip, I went in tday and brought 2 big ones and 1 little one, now I've got home and looked at them I wish I had brought a couple more, I may have to make another trip.

These are going save me so much space.grin

Milliways Wed 24-Jun-09 16:34:54

We bought some from Aldi last year, and I cut one up into smaller towels so DD could take a piece on her DofE expeditions.

They are also great for PE/swimming kits as less weight to carry to school, AND they dry soooo quickly!

Lucycat Wed 24-Jun-09 18:14:49

The trick is to pat yourself dry rather than try to rub with them. They are great for the kids but i do like a bit more fluffiness (?) is that a word?

JonathonRipplesnipples Wed 24-Jun-09 18:21:57

i've found a dunelm in stockport...so going to visit tomorrow
Going to get some of the smaller ones if they've still got em
Lucycat...you know stockport don't you? Is it somewhere near Toysrus?

JonathonRipplesnipples Wed 24-Jun-09 18:22:34

oh it's troutpout bwt grin

Lucycat Wed 24-Jun-09 18:33:59

Yes it's behind ToyrUs opposite Evans Halshaw the garage place.

why the name change?

JonathonRipplesnipples Wed 24-Jun-09 18:44:35

Thankyou!
Oh i don't know...fancied a change today (actually was a bit bored and started fiddling is all)
I'll probably be back to my trouty self tomorrow

MrsGokWan Wed 24-Jun-09 22:02:01

I wondered when you answered me earlier today if you were new or a name changer. Great name PMSL when I read it.

troutpout Thu 25-Jun-09 20:54:30

grin Gokwan...ds (in fact all of us) love Andy Stanton books
Mumhadenough...thankyou for this tip. We went and found a Dunelm today and got towels (as well as other things which we probably didn't need at all blush)

PandaG Thu 25-Jun-09 20:57:24

great, will make a trip to Dunelm. we have one microfibre towel each, but could do with a couple of spares - for the beach etc - one towel each not enough for a fortnight!

MrsGokWan Thu 25-Jun-09 21:47:47

Ooh!! don't know Andy Stanton, will have to go and Google me thinks.

Talking of Google I've just found we have one about half an hour from us. Just need to persuade DH we need to go grin Though I did see you can order online.

MumHadEnough Fri 26-Jun-09 14:38:25

Oh good, glad it was useful to some of you. I went back yesterday and bought 3 more small ones, 3 big ones and got a picnic coolbag for £2.49 to replace the picnic set rucksack that dh wrecked accidentally broke whilst trying to fix the zips (they'd got mouldy up the loft!)

Lilymaid Fri 26-Jun-09 20:52:59

MY DH tells me that he can get by with a hand towel sized microfibre towel when he is on his mountaineering trips. It will dry him after a shower. I've heard others say the same, though I would always go for a bath sized one

MrsGokWan Fri 26-Jun-09 22:34:45

I tried to find them on their website but couldn't find them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now