Talk

Advanced search

Canvas Holiday in France: some questions!!

(4 Posts)
babydriver Fri 13-May-05 08:52:09

We're camping at the Canvas site in Blois for 2 weeks in late June (thanks Mumsnet for the fab discount!! ). I've read the camping threads but still have a few questions:

1. Will my 19mo ds be warm enough at night in his jimjams, longsleeved vest and (winter) grobag, or do we need to add something else?

2. Any tips on encouraging a 19mo to stay vaguely in the vicinity of the tent during the daytime (short of staking his reins to the ground!!)?

3. Any other tips esp from anyone who's been to the Blois site?

Ameriscot2005 Fri 13-May-05 09:20:04

I used to work in Blois - never camped there, but we used to drink outside at 11pm and it was always warm enough.

happymerryberries Fri 13-May-05 09:23:50

Never been to blois, but have been to a number of canvas sites and they have all been great.

I would take a small extra blanket in case that it is cold. It will not take up much room, but beter to be sure.
It will depend on the site, but we found that ours staid close to the tent. One idea that I saw someone else use was to take a small blow up paddling pool! Takes up alsmost zero room and made the kid the envy of the site!!!

The local supermarkets are very good and have all sorts of wonderful bbq stuff, which the kids will love. They also stock lots of stuff for the kids.

Take torches for night time visits to the loo. Buy some of the cheep glow sticks, which the kids love at night! But make sure you ds doesn't chew them!

Have flip flops for putting on for the loo runs in the night time.

YOu will have a blast!

babydriver Fri 13-May-05 16:24:55

Thanks. Sounds like we'll be warm enough but will take extra blankets just in case. If there's space (ha ha!!) I might pack ds's sheepskin for him to sleep on as that shd keep him nice and cosy. Will also dig out last year's paddling pool if I can remember where it went....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: