Talk

Advanced search

Which mattress for camping? Just 1 or 2 nights at a time, in all likelihood. Any recommendations?

(7 Posts)
MamaG Sat 20-Jun-09 13:31:00

or ones to avoid?!

[camping virgin emoticon]

troutpout Sat 20-Jun-09 19:30:16

Do you want a self inflating mat?..Airbed...or camp bed?

Depends on how much you've got to spend too. The self inflators can be a bit pricey.

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Sat 20-Jun-09 19:50:54

Will ds be in woith you mamag?

DS4 is in with us (PLB PMSL wink) and is fine in an airbed but you'd want kingsize I think, I wouldn't think a mat would be so nice with a baby in.

MamaG Sun 21-Jun-09 10:37:44

What do you think we should get? We will be staying in a small caravan (so me, BabyG and DD in there) and DH will be in a tent outside with DS1 (age5)!

There are some on offer at Argos at the mo...

grin at PLB

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Sun 21-Jun-09 13:10:35

So you've got beds for all but the tent sorted then?

in that case the boys have Outwell bed mats- the kids range, with a dinosaur design (loads on ebay fro about £15), ds3 aged 5 loves it and they can't roll off PMSL

For DH I'd suggest he went to a camp store, popped a bed mat on the floor then an air bed and went with his preference- it's a bit like futons, some people get a bit freaked by the bed mats.

As it's only him with proper camp beds are quite nice as well, but be aware that if you wanted to camp alongside him at some oint bed mates / airbed can be doubled whereas camp beds are very definite singles.

MamaG Sun 21-Jun-09 14:06:49

Thanks peachy - yes, just need to sort the bed. We don't have time to get to a shop before we go (next weekend!) so it might be best to try and borrow something for this trip

nannyL Sun 21-Jun-09 20:31:28

I got a 5cm self-inflating mattres last week from aldi £12.
slept of it for the 1st time last night

was everybit as good as my frineds £40 vango one.

i would recommend.

BUT my £10 double airbed is more comfortable, but also takes up a lot of space and in order to be warm in it requires loads of layers of stuff under and on it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now