Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone camped near York?

(15 Posts)
ingles2 Fri 19-Jun-09 22:25:10

Can any of you lovely ladies please recommend me a site within 1/2 hour ish of York?
It's for a long weekend, tent, with Elec hook up.
Thanks

AitchTwoOh Fri 19-Jun-09 22:38:23

ooooh, ingles, can i slightly hijack? i was JUST about to post the same thing, although i don't need hookup. and would prefer harrogate direction rather than the other. [shameless]

MamaG Fri 19-Jun-09 23:10:30

<lurk>

AitchTwoOh Fri 19-Jun-09 23:12:04

oh come ON.

fatzak Fri 19-Jun-09 23:27:22

Is Whitby too far? Pickering? Meant to be a couple of good sites in Dalby Forest.
Friend of mine really rates this place near settle

York is just a bit too close to home for us to bother camping so can't give any ideas!

pickyvic Fri 19-Jun-09 23:43:08

you can come and camp in my garden if you like! sorry i dont know any good campsites tho i can ask about for you all....

im from york!

AitchTwoOh Fri 19-Jun-09 23:49:57

i wouldn't know any campsites very near to here either, to be fair.

ingles2 Sat 20-Jun-09 11:26:38

morning... we're not doing very well aitch grin
I've never been to York but Ds's are desperate to go to the Jorvik centre. I'm sure there must be loads of lovely places to camp...
pickyvic, I'm going to be in your garden then wink

charis Sat 20-Jun-09 11:54:11

there is a lovely campsite at ripley, or you could try castle howard

ingles2 Sat 20-Jun-09 21:41:03

Thanks Charis... both of those look great!
Aitch Charis has found you a campsite near Harrogate!

AitchTwoOh Sat 20-Jun-09 21:48:03

am googling now, thanks char!

AitchTwoOh Wed 01-Jul-09 20:40:21

thanks to all who helped out with this. for future searchers i wanted to post that we went here and it was great. it's really close to york, 10-12 mins into the centre, i'd highly recommend it.

glasjam Thu 02-Jul-09 22:23:24

Hiya Aitch - saw you were about again on the boards! Was it really good then? Did you go to the Yorkshire sculpture park (I've been meaning to go there for ages) Were you under canvas in this heat?!!

Catch up soon smile

monkeypinkmonkey Thu 02-Jul-09 22:27:58

oooh camped in castle howard. Lovley really nice mind that was quite a few years ago. Kinda remember toilets being 'basic' Have you tried Tollerton? I know there is a campsite but don't know if they take tents or not? Easingwold is near york about 20mins drive.

AitchTwoOh Sat 04-Jul-09 21:05:36

yyy glas, how did the move go? i thought of you (briefly, as i sluuuurped an ice cream outside the minster).

didn't make it to the sculpture park, or castle howard. dh more interested in the margaret howell sale shop... hmm

we'll go again, though, it was lovely. especially the hotel we stayed in on the last night. wink couldn't be arsed packing up and driving all the way home in one day, so booked a room in a novotel for 65 quid. it had a POOL! dd was thrilled.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now