Talk

Advanced search

Feckity feck! Just realised today we HAVE to have electric hook up!

(5 Posts)
chipmonkey Fri 19-Jun-09 00:13:34

sad as dh has sleep apnoea and has to bring a CPAP wherever we go! And although he has gone without it on occasion, it is a life threatening condition and I couldn't contemplate deliberately going somewhere he couldn't use the machine.
So all the plans I had for bringing the boys off into the wild will have to go by the wayside!sad

livinginadreamworld Fri 19-Jun-09 00:47:35

can you get a battery pack for his cpap? My dad recently went on a long holiday and bought a battery pack for his cpap. the nhs clinic actually offered to buy one as they would offer it to their other patients going on hols. he bought his own in the end, and it has been very useful.

i can find out where they got it if u like, will see them 2moro.

LIADW

chipmonkey Fri 19-Jun-09 15:26:10

LIADW, that would be great if you could find that out! Particularly as electric hook up doesn't seem to be available in a lot of campsites overy here.

livinginadreamworld Fri 19-Jun-09 16:31:17

okay, they got it from here it is an american site so postage reflects that, and make sure that they do the customs declaration as 'MEDICAL EQUIPMENT' otherwise you have to pay extra to customs before they will allow delivery.

Dad uses his alot, long haul flights, hotels with plugs on the wrong side of the room, at home when we had a 20hour power cut....

u will need power to recharge the battery though,(friendly site office?) dads has a car charger as well which is great.

HTH!

chipmonkey Fri 19-Jun-09 23:55:57

Thanks, LIADW, that's actually where he ordered the CPAP itself from. You would think I'd have thought to look there myself, wouldn't you?blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now