Talk

Advanced search

have you got an optimistic 'lite', or a delux soulpad / bell tent?

(11 Posts)
paisleyleaf Thu 18-Jun-09 11:05:00

So we're going to sell the camper and to cheer ourselves up about this will probably get one of these tents.
And I'm changing my mind daily about whether to go for the attached ground sheet or not.
It'd be good to hear others' experiences, pros and cons.
I'm wondering if the delux is tricky to put away without getting mud all over the tent and if it does get stuffy inside.
I guess if the groundsheet gets damaged you're left having to replace the whole thing.
Will mostly be getting used in the UK though.

Why not get one with a zip?

Best of both worlds

Don't forget your sheepskins

grin

paisleyleaf Thu 18-Jun-09 14:24:38

oooo I missed them. something to think about. Thanks

saintlydamemrsturnip Thu 18-Jun-09 14:29:44

Our ease soulpad has just arrived.

There was no option for us, as ds1 is severely autistic and would escape through any gap so a big selling point was the attached groundsheet. If we hadn't had the ds1 issue I think we could have been persuaded by the lite.

I found soulpad much friendlier than Bell Tent UK. Soulpad answered endless questions from me, whilst Bell Tent completely ignored the two I sent. I wanted a bedroom bit as well, so just waited for SoulPad to get them.

Slubberdegullion Thu 18-Jun-09 14:40:09

ooooooh saintlydame <excited girly clapping> when are you going to do your practice pitch? You MUST post piccies of the tent. I feel your tent buying decision has been like a long pregnancy and now you have your lovely new gorgeous tent to show off grin

saintlydamemrsturnip Thu 18-Jun-09 14:47:21

Yes, we do need to practice - we may get a chance this weekend, if not next.

Slubberdegullion Thu 18-Jun-09 14:48:26

smile enjoy! Lovely, lovely tent you have there.

paisleyleaf Thu 18-Jun-09 22:59:48

Thankyou Mrs Turnip. The 'ease' sounds ideal for you then.
It'll be interesting to hear how you get on, I hope you have a nice weekend.

Orangesarenottheonlyfruit Fri 19-Jun-09 08:36:11

Hi PL, We have the lite version but have always pegged the mudgard under the ground sheet, iyswim. This means no creepy crawlies or escaping toddlers at night although can still roll up the sides by day.

Also on a practical note have found it much easier to dry tent out seperately and simply hose down the ground sheet after use. All quite quick and fuss free.

Can also hughly recommend Soulpad's sales service - v helpful and friendly.

paisleyleaf Fri 19-Jun-09 11:05:40

Oranges, is that very pesky to line the ground sheet and tent up well enough to peg them together?

Orangesarenottheonlyfruit Fri 19-Jun-09 16:22:43

Not if you get the soulpad. A rather natty design feature is the eyelets in the groundsheet and mudguard that mean they can easily be pegged into each other. Believe me, if I can do it, anyone can do it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now