Talk

Advanced search

family campsite in the north? recommendations please

(13 Posts)
SillyMillysMummy Wed 17-Jun-09 18:13:54

We live in the north east and want to take my 4yo dd camping (tent) for a weekend. Any receommendations for where?

Lilyloo Wed 17-Jun-09 20:05:16

We have booked weekend woodhouse good reccomendations
Also trying but struggling to get in knight stainforth Have friends who regularly go
Also have friends who go hollins farm and we going with them in August , not sure if that's too far for you ??

duckyfuzz Wed 17-Jun-09 20:07:05

northumberland coast has some lovely campsites, where in NE are you and do you want to go north or south from there? coast or moors?

gibba8 Wed 17-Jun-09 20:28:30

HI-we live in the north east as well and spent last weekend camping in Berwick at East ord Country Park.

It is a small,lovely site with award winning loos and showers. My 4 year old spent hours playing in the great play area. It has a small soft play area in the club house which also sells good homemade food. The pitches were enclosed and very private. It really is a lovely site and very popular - though only has room for about 12 tents - the rest of the pitches are for touring vans or statics.

Do not know if you have been to Berwick before but there are lots of things to do depending on your interests.

SillyMillysMummy Wed 17-Jun-09 22:52:58

well the problem is really we live virtually on the beach, and love it, we live in Sunderland, hubby would like to go to the lakes but really want something completely for dd as we never do anything completely for her. Will take a good look at the recommendations.

flatcapandpearls Wed 17-Jun-09 22:58:12

The Langdale National Trust one,.

Flibbertyjibbet Wed 17-Jun-09 22:59:04

What about the Yorkshire Dales? Not to far to travel from Sunderland but totally different to the seaside.
I prefer not to camp but am happy to go camping there.
We've been to West Burton campsite it has all facilities, is half a mile from the most picturesque village of West Burton, lovely walks etc and just fab scenery.

raspberrytart Wed 17-Jun-09 23:05:13

Lakes camsites can get busy and you cant book the National Trust ones (I don't think)
However try the uk camsite website which has lots of reveiws and you can do an advanced search to look for specific facilities.

Flibbertyjibbet Wed 17-Jun-09 23:09:59

north wensleydale tourist website

I can't find the west burton website from googling but this website gives lots of info and tourist board number. last time we camped there is about 5 years ago and i know I rang the tourist board to get the number.
I can't see it closing in that time it was very popular and thats before camping became the new costa del sol recently!

flatcapandpearls Wed 17-Jun-09 23:35:47

No you cant book the NT ones so you need to be there early I once had a night in the car surrounded by sheep when we realised we could not get into any NT sites.

SammyK Fri 19-Jun-09 08:54:10

this one is nice, there is a review of it on MN website. If your 4yr old DD enjoys the water (I am assuming this, so ignore if not) this is a nice place all round.

monkeypinkmonkey Mon 22-Jun-09 21:35:49

Hi I live in north east and we are going to brompton on swale, 40 mins drive just of A19. Easy.

Lastyearsmodel Mon 22-Jun-09 22:10:16

Anyone mentioned Fisherground yet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now