Talk

Advanced search

How far in advance do you need to book your pitches in school hols ?

(9 Posts)
Lilyloo Mon 15-Jun-09 17:47:00

Am just browsing some sites now but don't have definate dates for dp's rota at work. When do you all book your sites ?

motherducky Mon 15-Jun-09 18:35:11

We booked ours last week, but they said they were still quiet for bookings. Hopefully that doesn't mean it is not a very good site! never been before though, so that is all I know.

Febuary for July blush We did want a specific pitch though...

nannyL Mon 15-Jun-09 20:15:00

many sites have been fully booked for all weekends and the whole summer holidays since May this year... some even earlier!

Peachy Mon 15-Jun-09 20:18:48

Booked iN january but we wanted a specific site

You will get somewhere but it might take a bit of calling around.

Doesn't your DH get holiday dates booked early?

Lilyloo Tue 16-Jun-09 10:45:56

yeah he has two fixed weekd but was hoping to do some weekends but he only gets rota 4 weeks in advance.
Managed to get one for mid July but other one i enquired for first weekend in August full. Guess i need to get something sorted for his two weeks off.

Peachy Tue 16-Jun-09 10:57:49

I would, ASAP- I know the sites we use booked up long ago.

Weekend camping is hard to get in the holidays anyway as many sites prefer the week bookings; I find mid week trips easier to get though (as those doing weekends will ahve left spaces in taht gap) and used to wrok DH'srota that way

Fennel Tue 16-Jun-09 11:00:09

We hardly ever book more than a day or two ahead, we just phone up then and see if there are spaces. We like the smaller sites with fewer facilities though, and often they don't take formal bookings. There are always sites with spaces at short notice.

Peachy Tue 16-Jun-09 11:04:46

An idea:

AS fennel says, smaller sites are often a better bet at short notice

if ytou are not after all singing and (very bad drunken) dancing, consider joining the caravan and camping club as you get a msssive directory of exclusive small sites, some with entertainment etc, and you're bound to find many options in there- yous ave the cost in a week anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now