Talk

Advanced search

would a liner improve on a cheapo tesco kids sleeping bag or should we just start over again ?

(3 Posts)
yorkshiregirl Fri 12-Jun-09 17:39:16

DH bought a v cheap kids sleeping bag for DS1 from tesco on a whim. Looks very flimsy and a bit threadbare...Would a liner make it any better or should we just cut our losses and invest in a proper branded one. Will be our 1st campng trip so oviously don't want to spend a fortune ! Thanks, Louise

tinateaspoon Fri 12-Jun-09 18:58:06

I use a cotton liner in my sleeping bag and it does make it much more cosy - I wouldn't be without it, but DH hates them as he gets all twisted in it. It really depends on how much the liners are - mine is a cheap Aldi one that cost £2.99 but it does the job. They don't seem to have them with their camping stuff this time. I think if you are looking at over a tenner for one you might be as well to get a new sleeping bag. Can you return yours to Tesco?
I really think in this country you do need a good sleeping bag as it can get cold at night and there is nothing worse than being too cold to sleep sad

MrsMotMot Fri 12-Jun-09 19:47:38

I had a cotton liner and it does make a big difference. On long trips you can wash and dry it too, much easier than trying to wash a sleeping bag. Silk liners, I have been told, add a 'season' to your bag, and are sooo cosy. (Pricey though!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now