Talk

Advanced search

I went to Aldi and I brought.....

(92 Posts)

Camping cupboard, very huge, very fab, very pleased.

UFO light, very bright.

Picnic rug, very lovely, last was bordering on buying 6 to carpet the tent, brought 1 grin, should have brought 2, might go back....

Please add below.....

Though just thought, where were the folding shovels?hmm

Orangesarenottheonlyfruit Thu 11-Jun-09 12:50:47

Lovely camping stove, hooray! But have only had a basic thing before, what type of gas do I need and where on earth do I get it? Prompt answer would be fab as off to cornwall tomorrow!

Ponders Thu 11-Jun-09 12:52:20

For the stove you'll need a bottle (big heavy thing) plus a special valvey thing whose name escapes me. Look up Calor gas in yellow pages.

Ponders Thu 11-Jun-09 12:52:36

regulator?

ninja Thu 11-Jun-09 12:55:33

Tent ?? is this any good?

camping stove + stand

Tall cupboard/wardrobe

Chair

Table

Windbreak

Cooking set

Head torch

accessory set

wetsuit

inflatable mattress

picnic blanket

blush

Ponders Thu 11-Jun-09 12:55:59

scroll down here - regulators at the top, bottles further down.

It's a good idea to have 2, so that when no 1 runs out you have no 2 until you get no 1 refilled. I think we have the 4.5kg one

Lilyloo Thu 11-Jun-09 12:57:20

2 double airbeds
1 single air bed
windbreak
two small led lights
one remote control lantern

Orangesarenottheonlyfruit Thu 11-Jun-09 12:59:36

Thanks so much Ponders, it comes with a regulator but am off to get a bottle. Weather forecast is looking fab and am totally, unbelieveably excited about going off tomorrow, first camping trip as a family! Although I blame the Camping topic for my crazy tent purchase. (Have bought a bell tent....)

spokette Thu 11-Jun-09 14:05:25

Kitchen cupboard
picnic blanket
disposable bbq
crocs

LilRedWG Thu 11-Jun-09 14:29:23

Thanks for the tip. DD and I are off later. Does anyone know what their self-inflating sleep mats are like?

nikkid21 Thu 11-Jun-09 14:46:55

3 X self inflating camping mats
4 X picnic blankets
1 X ufo light

no folding shovels in my store sad

resisted the cupboard but i may regret that

I also bought the footprint for my new Outwell Florida 6 - so very exspensive day in all

DottyDot Thu 11-Jun-09 15:29:47

A sleeping mat, a picnic mat and a rucksack!

should have got some of those head torches - might go back..! grin

Lcy Thu 11-Jun-09 16:49:31

Bought a self inflating mat today. They are great and only £12.99.

tinateaspoon Thu 11-Jun-09 17:43:13

LilredWG - we have Aldi sleeping mats from last year and they are very comfortable. Now we have used them a lot they puff up more than they did to start with. We are very pleased with them smile. I still hanker after a fat airic as I have a bad back but DH says no!! And tbh these mats are fine and I don't suffer at all, I just pretend so that maybe one day I can have a FA grin.

tinateaspoon Thu 11-Jun-09 17:47:04

Oh and we have two picnic mats, and i was in there today and they have lots of lovely new colours so I was tempted, but really do we need three picnic mats hmm? Nearly got some crocs too but the queue was far too long and dd2 wanted the loo so I had to leave them sad.

Did anyone get the the tent tidy - it looked nifty but had no price and with dd2 getting desperate I had to leave it ... may go back wink

motherducky Thu 11-Jun-09 17:59:39

two self-inflating mats - glad you say they're good tina, did nearly get an airbed instead.

one table

two chairs

3! picnic blankets (we always wish we had more, even without camping as we use them nearly everyday throughout summer)

in-car inflater

one ufo light + pk/2 lamps

the cupboard I wanted packed down huge, so I got the table instead. Still considering the other cupboard, and want to send hubby in to decide whether the windbreak will fit in the boot (does anybody know??).

The crocs looked HUGE - mens sizes surely? (and I have big feet)

packet of haribo to celebrate grin

Had to stop before I reached the &100 mark!

motherducky Thu 11-Jun-09 18:02:38

and a rucksack

What is a bell tent?

hippipotamiHasLost36Pounds Thu 11-Jun-09 18:05:02

Why did you bring all that to Aldi?

<runs>

Bell Tent loveliness.

blithedance Thu 11-Jun-09 18:37:22

crocs
head torch
debated self inflating mats but vetoed by DH

Overmydeadbody Thu 11-Jun-09 18:40:15

yes why did you bring all that to aldi Wildy?wink

Hoe much are the picnic blankets? I didn't make it down there today but am hoping there will be some left tomorrow <<fingers crossed>

nikkid21 Thu 11-Jun-09 18:43:21

picnic blankets were £5.99 - I went for the dark green colour as it hides the filth better. They has a blue, a pink and I think a pale colur version as well.

motherducky Thu 11-Jun-09 19:06:14

wow wildthings - they are gorgeous!

I don't have good teen memories of church camp in a similar tent though - red ants everywhere [shudder]. Definately need a SIG. Suppose the inner is a good compromise though.

Overmydeadbody Thu 11-Jun-09 19:40:39

thank you nikki

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now