Talk

Advanced search

camping in Aquitaine, France

(5 Posts)
thumbsucker Wed 10-Jun-09 22:17:40

I'd like to find a campsite in Aquitaine that's not, kind of, theme-parkish. Ideally I'd like somewhere that has a pool and a children's play area but we're really not up for butlins style entertainment. Our kids are 4 1/2 and 2 1/2. There's nothing that quite fits on the MN travel reviews so I thought I'd just ask...

NikkiH Mon 15-Jun-09 10:08:45

I've been looking for similar types of campsites in the vendee, aquitaine areas. Try these websites - www.alanrogers.com or www.uk.franceguide.com or www.campingfrance.com (sorry don't know how to do links!)

It gets a bit mindblowing looking at lots of websites but I'm sure you'll find a few that are suitable. Good luck.

flame17 Mon 15-Jun-09 22:18:07

We have been looking in this area too, don't know if these are of intrest but we like the look of La Cigale or here or here Still haven't decided which one though hmm

thumbsucker Thu 18-Jun-09 12:54:38

Thanks both of you, I really like the look of La Cigale. It's amazing how much time this can take!

chevre Thu 18-Jun-09 13:01:43

check out the alan rogers website they give v. comprehensive descriptions re. theme parkishness versus quiet field with 6 retired english couples on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now