Talk

Advanced search

Budget, basic campsite in south west - uk????

(8 Posts)
gr8kids Wed 10-Jun-09 16:49:53

PLEASE DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY BASIC CLEAN BUDGET CAMP SITES IN SOUTH WEST. WE WANTING TO GO 20 JULY FOR A WEEK. I'VE CHECKED THE CAMPSITE WEBSITE AND WELL ITS JUST SO EXPENSIVE. THERE MUST STILL BE SOME CLEAN BASIC BUDGET CAMPSITES OUT THERE...ANYBODY PLEASE???? [SMILE]

diedandgonetodevon Wed 10-Jun-09 16:57:45

How much do you want to spend? Know of a nice site in Polruan (near Fowey in Cornwall) for £12 a night -- google Polruan Holidays. It's a lovely small site, clean showers etc, lovely sea views as a bonus.

Trikken Wed 10-Jun-09 17:02:36

How far south west do you want?

gr8kids Wed 10-Jun-09 17:38:08

WELL IT WILL BE 2 CARS WITH 2 ADULTS AND 5 CHILDREN AGES 2,8, 9, 13, 14. 1 BIG TENT AND 1 SMALL. I LIVE IN FOREST OF DEAN SO WOULDN'T MIND TRAVELLING 3 HOURS. WE WERE GOING TO GO TO BASIC CAMPSITE IN FISHGUARD, PEMBROKESHIRE BUT THAT WOULD OF COST OF £350 FOR THE WEEK (STILL HAVING TOO ADD FOOD TO THAT JUST WOULDN'T BE POSSIBLE). WHETHER THATS GOOD OR NOT, TO ME ITS TOO MUCH. I SUPPOSE I'M WANTING A MIRACLE REALLY!!!

Surfermum Wed 10-Jun-09 21:21:14

There was a thread not long about about who was going to the cheapest campsite. Hang on ....

Surfermum Wed 10-Jun-09 21:25:35

here

hettie Thu 11-Jun-09 09:30:41

ok here are a few that are in favourites list- haven't chekced on all the prices, but generaly I only save into fav's the ones that are less comercial, so one of these might be ok
www.rockseast.org.uk/
www.bellatbuckland.co.uk/facilities/index.php?id=23
www.dornafield.com/

Surfermum Thu 11-Jun-09 16:54:00

Ooh hettie, I like the look of those, thanks!

I've been looking for somewhere in Somerset that does cider to take dh to and the Bell looks just right. He's a big David Bowie fan too so we may well end up at the festival.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now