Talk

Advanced search

What does you wear for first/last thing toilet block trips

(39 Posts)
Gravitygirl Wed 10-Jun-09 08:43:59

I should now this by now, but every year we are left scrabbling around trying to find somthing to put on and go to the toilets/showers and then see everyone else looking serence/organised etc etc so this year I want to get more prepared.

So do you go in nightie/pjs/dressing gown ?
I am talking cote d azur in august hot not devon in january.
Kids and adults?

4andnotout Wed 10-Jun-09 08:47:30

I put my coat over the top of my pj's and slip my crocs on.

I know im a bloody fashionista grin

castille Wed 10-Jun-09 08:49:26

Towelling tops over pjs would be fine. Not dressing gowns.

Pjs, crocs, waterproof if it's raining, jumper if it's freezing. Me and the kids the same.

troutpout Wed 10-Jun-09 09:20:57

fleece over pj's here..wellies/sandals or crocs on feet..washbag in hand

ds gets fully dressed in clean clothes in morning (he has a thing about appearing in public in pj's) and just takes washbag

dd wears same as me

bigTillyMint Wed 10-Jun-09 09:25:17

In the morning, fleece over nightie and sandals. DS and DD the same, DH pulls on a Tshirt and shorts.

At night we all go before we go to bed, so normal clothes.

NikkiH Wed 10-Jun-09 11:08:52

Coat or fleece over pjs plus socks and slippers on my feet, bed hair and crumpled sleepy face... God I looked gorgeous grin.

Going to France in August though so may take a lightweight cotton dressing gown with me or just leg it to the loos in pjs and flip flops.

Gravitygirl Wed 10-Jun-09 13:08:17

lol at legging it to the loos in flip flops, I would probably more likely 'flop' out or over......

Thanks for reassuring me I dont need some mini boden towelling dress adult equivalent ( even though I wouldnt know where to look for one)
I just remember everyone looking smart heading to the blocks and my family all cobbled together.

Fimbo Wed 10-Jun-09 13:10:57

I skipped daintly across to the toilet block on our first ever camping trip at half term with my toiletries in a ........................

....................... ....................

plastic bag grin

DeepGoat Wed 10-Jun-09 13:11:48

you need to start a 'toilet run dress' thread!

i just get dressed and take clean knickers with me

zanz1bar Wed 10-Jun-09 13:22:21

Its got to be a Slinky, beach kaftan thing, for france in august

minesacheeseandpicklesandwich Wed 10-Jun-09 13:25:43

First thing in the morning, I wear the previous days shorts and t-shirt, before showering and putting on clean. Last thing at night I go and do my stuff before I change for bed.

I thought this was normal??? I'm now wondering what other campers must think of me. blush

nikkid21 Wed 10-Jun-09 14:16:29

I wear pj's and wellys / flipflops combo with a fleece on top if needed.

Fow going to the showers I go nekkid under my big towelling dressing gown. Then I can get dressed back at the tent (i've dropped my knickers and bra in shower puddles too many times when hungover / drunk / not fully awake) blush

Slubberdegullion Wed 10-Jun-09 15:45:20

I get fully dressed for the morning wee. Partly as I have standards wink and partly because the moistened hem of a pj trouser leg within a sleeping bag the following evening does not a happy camper make.

Because I am supremely anal and am allowed to throw myself fully into retentive behaviour (ooh you should just see my utility tent and organised boxes) I lay out all the clothes in neat little piles outside the bedroom. I even put pants on the top so there are no errors.

No member of the family deGullion goes to the loos in their night clothes.

I think you'll find that people who camp in proper canvas tents are of a similar mind wink

nikkid21 Wed 10-Jun-09 15:56:37

blush now I feel like chav scum wink

At home i'm Little Miss Organised with a diary and list for everything. School clothes get laid out the night before and packed lunches are all lined up by the front door before 7.30am. Camping - I just turn into a hybrid of Waynetta slob and some random (badly dressed) farmers wife.

FlappytheBat Wed 10-Jun-09 15:58:54

pj's, fleece and flipflops

glitterkitty Wed 10-Jun-09 21:34:04

Someone on a previous thread said get 3/4 length trs specially for the loo run as you dont get damp ankles.

Surfermum Wed 10-Jun-09 21:37:19

I have 3/4 length pj's and throw a fleece over the top so no-one sees my bazookas flopping around.

glitterkitty Wed 10-Jun-09 21:52:58

see? it was prob surfermum grin

Surfermum Wed 10-Jun-09 21:59:47

Probably not, I have a tendency to drink too much and can't be arsed to go the toilet block so pee in dd's potty - maybe that's where the damp ankles thing came from grin.

nannyL Wed 10-Jun-09 22:01:54

same here...

coat or fleece jumper

and wellies if grass wet or crocs if grass dry

glitterkitty Wed 10-Jun-09 22:02:23

I'm taking the potty this year. Heaven not to have to get out of warm tent into damp morning any earlier than is strictly necessary grin

Surfermum Wed 10-Jun-09 22:03:52

And first thing in the morning I am so desperate for a wee that I won't make it so use the potty again. Well I did, dh went out and bought a camping toilet after too many near over-flow situations.

So actually I have no idea why I'm on the thread as I do my thang in the privacy of my own tent grin.

jambutty Wed 10-Jun-09 22:04:27

Rolled-up baggy trousers (often Dhs or whatever I can find in the dark) and fleece over Pjs, and flip flops or wellies for wet grass. Haven't noticed anyone looking particularly glam in the camp toilets, but then I'm too busy having a pee to notice grin

MrsMcCluskey Wed 10-Jun-09 22:22:28

Pj's , flipflops and a fleece here.
Our tent was very close toblocks last year used to stroll to shower in my towel.
I have no shame.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now