Talk

Advanced search

camping Indigo - nourmoitier France - anybody been

(9 Posts)
oldlady40 Tue 09-Jun-09 15:26:49

Hello
Just came across this funky site - Camping Indigo. Thinking of taking our own tent for a break in summer hols.

Has anybody been to Camping Indigo or to Le Noirmoitier?

all opinions welcome

oldlady40 Wed 10-Jun-09 17:24:21

bump

GrapefruitMoon Wed 10-Jun-09 17:26:55

Is it for families with indigo children? grin

Mummyisamonster Thu 11-Jun-09 20:39:33

I have borrowed 'Cool Camping France' from the libray (to drool over on these unpredictable June evenings)and the Indigo campsites got rave reviews.

Hold on...I'll have look...just checked the book and the one they really like is the one at Noirmoutier; " Fantastic pine-shaded site right on a quiet beach. You can't get a better located seaside site than this".

Looks fantastic. (Bugger, have just paid for our camping in the Vendee but this looks better).

Can I come with you please grin

oldlady40 Thu 11-Jun-09 23:03:54

Thank you. Cool Camping France - I have the English one but didn't realise there was Frence one out - mental note to dash to the bookshop in the morning!!

Sounds good anyway - might do a week there and then a week further down on the Vendee. If you are a good cook you are welcome to come with us!! I always promise myself a holiday from cooking but it never seems to happen - unless standard barbeque of course - husband does that!!

Mummyisamonster Fri 12-Jun-09 12:42:16

oldlady40, the book is great and well worth getting (or borrowing) it's got some fantastic sites in the Vendee (and elsewhere).

Will just complete my Cordon Bleu 'Camping Cookery' course and be with you....wink

Stayingsunnygirl Fri 12-Jun-09 12:50:33

I visited the island of Noirmoutier back in the '70s on my french exchange trip - it is a nice island and I have very fond memories of the waffles with cream that we bought at a hut on the beach.

We went back a couple of years ago and found some delicious and wickedly tempting cakes in the town centre patisseries, as well as some other lovely shops.

There's also a water park that seems to be widely advertised in that area and down to the Vendee - we didn't go, so can't tell you much more.

I can't help on the camping issue either, but had to answer because of my childhood memories. I hope you have a lovely time there.

oldlady40 Sat 13-Jun-09 00:18:06

I bought the book this morning and have booked the campsite - can't wait. thanks for all posts/information. We really just want a family holiday - not brits abroad type of place - where we can cycle - so this seems to fit the bill. thanks again

Mummyisamonster Sat 13-Jun-09 11:44:30

When are you going? If you remember, let us know what it's like. Have a great time! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now