Talk

Advanced search

I want a campsite with a beach and an outdoor pool, can you recommend?

(10 Posts)
MumHadEnough Tue 09-Jun-09 10:46:45

We're based in Glasgow, but happy to drive for the right site for a week at the end of Glasgow.

This will be our main summer holiday this year, so I thought I would ask the mn experts for a good site.

We're considering the Blue Dolphin Haven at Filey, I think that looks quite good, but thought I'd ask if any of you could recommend one that has good facilities.

Thanks x

MumHadEnough Tue 09-Jun-09 10:47:11

At the end of July not Glasgow, lol hmm

chatee Tue 09-Jun-09 18:55:54

just been to reighton sands at half term (near to blue dolphin)and it was really good but it doesn't have an outdoor pool but is situated on a lovely beach(and am sure you can visit other haven sites too)
the tent field is on a slopey hill but i managed to pitch and the tent stayed standing in quite strong wind and rain on the tue/wed
we will definetly return to this site during the summer hols

MumHadEnough Tue 09-Jun-09 19:32:04

Thanks chatee!

gibba8 Tue 09-Jun-09 20:39:22

Stanwix Park in Silloth,Cumbria is a fantastic park with immaculate facilities(showers and campers kitchen),indoor and outdoor pool and a beach close by. It has great evening entertainment,kids play area, kids activities during the day,small soft play,small bowling alley and cafe etc. It is smaller than the Haven sites but much cleaner and quieter.

MumHadEnough Tue 09-Jun-09 21:55:37

Oh wow, thanks Gibba, going to hve a look at that now as its much closer than Filey!

MumHadEnough Tue 09-Jun-09 23:09:06

Thanks again Gibba, that looks perfect. I also have a friend that lives in Wigton, so it would be ideal for meeting up with her! grin

LilRedWG Wed 10-Jun-09 15:47:51

A blast from the past there - I went to Stanwix Park half a lifetime ago, when I was 17, with my Mum and Dad. Happy days.

donna82 Wed 10-Jun-09 15:56:22

This is really far away but we stayed at Searles Leisure resort in Hunstanton it was amazing! prob too far for you guys though shame hope you find the place you are looking for! x

MumHadEnough Wed 10-Jun-09 22:22:54

It looks fabulous Donna, thanks for that! Its over a 7 hour drive so perhaps a bit far for us this time sad. Definitely going to keep it in mind for the future though.

Lol LilRed, I guess you enjoyed it then?

I'm still pussyfooting around over booking Stanwix or Blue Dolphin. I've just got it in my head that the East Coast gets better weather for some reason.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now