Talk

Advanced search

travel cot for camping! (also posted on products!)

(4 Posts)
beetlemum Mon 08-Jun-09 16:32:06

hi, am after a travel cot for camping! Ds2 is 7m but I would like one to last him till he is around 2 yrs when he will inherit ds1's ready bed.I fancy one of the ones that looks like a dome tent. I lke the look of the little life ones and the ncessity one but not sure what the differences are? anyone got any experience?

Dysgu Mon 08-Jun-09 17:01:20

We have the Samsonite pop yp bubble travel cot which we love! We bought it second hand locally a few months ago and have used it loads already - in a mobile home, in hotels, at travelodge, aswell as in our tent.

DD2 sleeps very happily in it - she is 5 months old and has probably been using it for 6 weeks already.

It is ever so easy to put up and take down. Takes no more space than it needs unlike some that have two poles that are very long. This has only 2 short poles that hold the 'roof' horizontal. And the mattress seems quite thick and comfy and velcros into place.

As for longevity - DD1 who is 2.9 yo would be happy to sleep in this bed! She loves to play in it even at home and it is often to be found in her bedroom.

My only quibble is that a fitted sheet won't go on it as the mattress extends up the sides - I just fold a flat sheet round it.

Whatever you get - these pop up beds are so much better than the playpen type.

bump09 Mon 08-Jun-09 19:21:28

Message deleted

bump09 Mon 08-Jun-09 19:22:06

Message deleted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now