Talk

Advanced search

Eurocamp or similar in Spain

(18 Posts)
vonny67 Sun 07-Jun-09 20:30:11

Can anyone recommend a campsite in Spain with good facilities near a beach? We live in Madrid so would be driving from there. Our Dc's are 11 and 8, so we'd like somewhere with lots of activities for them, and somewhere scenic for us! I like the look of Eurocamp, but I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks in advance.

lilolilmanchester Sun 07-Jun-09 20:41:11

Depends precisely what you want. We did had a Eurocamp holiday at Vilanova just outside Barcelona last year and loved it, tho there were pros and cons. If you want to be more specific about what you're after, would happily give you warts and all feedback.

HullabaLuLu Mon 08-Jun-09 08:13:24

I worked for Eurocamp on a site called El Delfin Verde in Torroella de Montgri, near Gerona about 8 years ago. It's a big site, nice beach, lovely pool, pretty location and we never had any problems. I would recommend it.

I was supposed to work on a site near Estartit called Castell Montgri. Very hilly and seemed to attract a different kind of customer. The reps were constantly dealing with problems. I felt lucky that I got the site I did.

HTH

vonny67 Mon 08-Jun-09 09:07:30

Thanks Hulla, I'll check that out. I don't have any more specific requirements other than those in my original post. Am I being too vague lol?

sunnyshine Mon 08-Jun-09 21:04:18

lilolilmanchester, i would like to hear please!!

lilolilmanchester Mon 08-Jun-09 23:01:18

how old are your DCs sunnyshine? Vonny, would you be happy driving to a beach (10-15 mins) or would you want to be able to walk?

themoon Mon 08-Jun-09 23:05:12

Cypsela is a gorgeous campsite. We used to go every summer with the DC when they were younger. It caters for families only.... no groups of adults or teenagers allowed.

It is near Hulla's Delfin Verde one.

this one

Mercedes Tue 09-Jun-09 00:25:58

We went to camping la siesta last year with canvas and had a fab time. its in callela de parafrugel. would recommend it and lots of lovel;y little beaches to try out near by.

HullabaLuLu Tue 09-Jun-09 11:47:00

Oh I visited Cypsela - I can second that it was lovely. So lovely I applied to work their the year after Uni. I got a proper job in the end. I completely forgot about that, thanks themoon.

vonny67 Tue 09-Jun-09 15:14:10

lilomanchester, we're happy to drive or walk to the beach. I'd love to hear what you liked about Vilanova!

vonny67 Tue 09-Jun-09 15:15:56

And thanks to everyone for your replies.

lilolilmanchester Tue 09-Jun-09 16:37:28

HolyMoly is there at the moment I think, so might tbe worth waiting for her to get back for her opinions.

Vilanova itself is not that brilliant, but we enjoyed wandering round it for half a day and also visited the market. I liked the situation, ideally placed for days out to Tarragona, Sitges, & Barcelona itself. Great beaches round and about, can't remember the names, but tended to go to other beaches rather than Vilanova. Vilanova on train line so we parked at the station (free) and took train into Barcelona. You could also take train to Sitges, Tarragona and other places, tho we drove. Would defo recommend train for going into Barcelona, apparently it's really expensive to park there and is easier anyway to take train. There is a bus from just outside the campsite down into the town if you chose not to hire a car. Lidl and hypermarket in easy driving distance from the campsite and the campsite shop was well stocked and not ridiculously expensive (tho better exchange rate last year). The site was very big, which has its downsides, but on the plus side it meant there were basketball/football courts which kept my teenage DS happy, plus several pools, including a kiddie pool. Mini disco in the evening and some children's entertainment. Evening entertainment (dancers, acrobats etc) not really my thing, but it was pretty high quality and the DCs enjoyed it. Negatives were: not enough sunbeds by the pool, you need to get there when it opens - literally - to get one; playground very small for the size of the park (not an issue for us but several people with little ones were moaning); eating facilities not brilliant and a bit pricey - but we cooked/BBQ'd most of the time anyway. DH felt the mobile homes were a bit cramped in but it didn't bother me. We had a fab holiday but had 10 and 15 year olds who could wander around on their own and both made friends as did we which made for a fab holiday. Have been honest about the negatives so you can weigh up how important they are to you. As said, i think holymoly is there now so will be interested to hear what she thought of it.

sunnyshine Tue 09-Jun-09 16:43:02

thank you! i will be there on friday next week too! will drive to beaches!! there are a large group of us going. have young children (under 5)

lilolilmanchester Tue 09-Jun-09 18:48:17

enjoy sunnyshine! I meant to write "DH thought the mobile home PITCHES were a bit cramped" The mobile homes weren't any more cramped than any others but we have had bigger pitches at other sites.

sunnyshine Wed 10-Jun-09 12:34:16

ok cool, will give my review on return!!!!1

sunnyshine Wed 10-Jun-09 12:34:17

ok cool, will give my review on return!!!!1

sunnyshine Thu 02-Jul-09 00:20:58

Well have. Returned from a great holiday. Site was great for us. Did have to be at pool for 10 to get beds but wAs not too busy! Not a huge amount to do around but lovely vineyard tour and few other bits nearby. Kids club at vilanovA was perfect for my children and they loved going!! Restaurant was ok, planning next years now to west coast. Of.France !!

vonny67 Mon 06-Jul-09 08:07:48

In the end we went to Eurocamp at Playa Montroig near Cambrills. we had a fantastic time. The accomodation was very comfortable, very clean. Sneaked a peek at the shower blocks and they too were very clean. If you're camping, it's possibe to pitch your tent practically on the beach, which was lovely. The town of Cambrills is about a 10 minute drive, Tarragona is also nearby. There are 3 swimming pools with lifeguards, and organised activities for the children. My 12yo DS did football, tennis, and table tennis. DD 8 was happy to play in the pool all day, every day! We'd definitely go back there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now