Talk

Advanced search

I love you all you lovely camping people.

(23 Posts)

I have had nothing but nastiness on other threads today, but here is all clear blue skies, fluffy snuggly beds, and steaming mugs of hot chocolate.

You are all very lovely people and I am going to hide all other topics and camp out here with you.....

'Camp out' you see what I did there?grin

<<mwah>>

Lucythecat Fri 05-Jun-09 16:58:22

oh it always is lovely here. we are all slightly crazy about our tents and the outside life but there is never any nastiness. Tis my spiritual home smile

oh and tee hee at your pun grin

Slubberdegullion Fri 05-Jun-09 17:00:35

I love it too, I love it so much that is is my only topic in active convos. I have everything else hidden, apart from site stuff so it seems. You are unable to hide site stuff.

I like talking tents. It's very calming

Lucy why the 'the'?

Lucythecat Fri 05-Jun-09 17:01:47

oh I am on another children's health thread about my bf's son and wanted to be able to 'hide' from the sadness later on. sad

I'm still me grin

Surfermum Fri 05-Jun-09 17:02:18

It's all the fresh air ... and the trees - they're very healing you know.

Lucythecat Fri 05-Jun-09 17:04:00

and wine from a box........ with sausages on the bbq

FlappytheBat Fri 05-Jun-09 17:05:50

Love camping threads too, nice and relaxingsmile

Have just had our one and only camping trip for the year so think will be here a lot for some virtual campinggrin

Slubberdegullion Fri 05-Jun-09 17:08:36

Glad you're still 'you' grin

Slubberdegullion Fri 05-Jun-09 17:10:08

The camping threads do make you buy stuff though. I spent £35 in a camping shop yesterday blush and that was without a massive splurge on a camp kitchen.

Lucythecat Fri 05-Jun-09 17:12:29

I know!!

I'm seriously coveting some Fat Airics - thank goodness they are sold out or I would have also splurged (what a lovely word that is) Have you still not bought your camp kitchen without dh knowing? grin

Lucythecat Fri 05-Jun-09 17:13:26

this one looks right up your street wink

FlappytheBat Fri 05-Jun-09 17:15:26

Just waiting for Fat Airics to come back into stock so can get some for next year.

Spent an uncomfortable night on the ground after we dh pumped up our air bed too much and deflated very quickly after going to bed.

NeedaNewName Fri 05-Jun-09 17:19:21

And don;t forget the marshmallows!

Slubberdegullion Fri 05-Jun-09 17:21:21

Holy Guacamole! That is a serious kitchen. No I held back, partly as the ones I liked were pretty big and heavy and spenith, and partly as I'm on the hunt for another Cabanon (in secret natch) and if I get an Aruba or Estelle then there ain't gonna be no room in't car for a mahoosive kitchen.

Friends we camped with last week had the self inflating mats from Decathalon. I thought they looked pretty good. Not a match on the thermarests mind wink

Surfermum Fri 05-Jun-09 17:25:46

Did you know the FA's came back into stock and you could order, even though the website showed them being out of stock still?

Can't wait to use mine.

My new addition to the camping trailer this year is a rotary washing line. Not that I'm planning on doing laundry - it's hard to dry 4 wetsuits, rash vests, costumes etc. My little bungee style washing line couldn't take the weight.

Lucythecat Fri 05-Jun-09 17:28:29

I'm going to go and lie on the Decathlon ones tomorrow - I live perilously close that darned store.

thought you'd like that kitchen - and hang on a cotton pickin minute another Cabanon!! did you read in Campiing mag that they ahve been saved!! They are now owned by the Huttopia Group.

Lucythecat Fri 05-Jun-09 17:29:20

Nooooooo surfermum don't tell me that. Seriously? Why I haven't had my promised email from alpkit?

Surfermum Fri 05-Jun-09 17:35:44

Oh .. that's annoying if you were on the email list. I missed mine as my pc went tits up but saw a thread on here about it.

Slubberdegullion Fri 05-Jun-09 17:36:50

I only have ONE Cabanon atm (plus the assortment of plastic ones that don't really count).

I NEED a weekend tent (The Guadeloupe - tick) AND a week+ tent (A Cabanon Frame, or a Pyramide VI, or in my dreamy dreams one of the De Waard pyramides hahahahaha).

The gaud, as beautiful as she is, is too small really for an extended camp.

Yes I did read they had been saved (hurrah). I hope they get their act together and start making proper frames again with kitchen extensions and all. The price of them on e-bay is getting silly.

Lucythecat Fri 05-Jun-09 17:37:08

grrrr

at least we can afford to eat this week! grin

tinateaspoon Fri 05-Jun-09 20:52:57

Just wanted to add in response to OP that this is the topic of choice for me smile never had any nastiness here. And I love all things camping, and am slightly obsessed with my tents also blush. I flirt with UK campsite but they are a bit hardcore and scary for me shock. This is where I feel at home smile smile.

Was looking forward to our first go in our new Indian Lake this weekend, but the weather has put an end to that sad.

I love you all too.

hettie Sun 07-Jun-09 14:50:47

ooh ooh, can I join the "I love mumsnet camping section/appreciation society?"
I kind of flirt with the rest of mumsnet and occasionally get drawn in to ukcampsite (but I agree a bit hard core). But would love to spend too much time pondering which bit of kit to buy next.....

oregonianabroad Sun 07-Jun-09 18:42:36

Yes, I would also like to say that this is the nicest part of mumsnet, and I have been helped loads from all of you and your great camping tips.

BIG LOVE.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now