Talk

Advanced search

Camping special buys at Aldi on Thursday 11th June

(25 Posts)
spokette Thu 04-Jun-09 13:05:56

Aldi are selling a 4 person tent with a 3000mm hydrostatic head for £59.99.

They are also selling folding camping chair for £5.99 and foldaway camping table for £16.99.

Also they have a camping stove for £34.99 and camping kitchen stand for £19.99. I bought both of these last year and they are excellent. Have used them several times and am delighted with them.

They are also selling air beds, self-inflating mat, sleeping bags, camping cupboards, floor mats, camping toilet and hammocks!!

I will be first in the queue for the cupboards and mats!!

troutpout Thu 04-Jun-09 13:37:38

ooo smile
Their camping stuff which we have had in the past has been really good. Just waiting for them to bring the microfibre towels back in. Might get ds a self inflating mat too . Dd has one and it's been excellent.

Kammy Thu 04-Jun-09 16:49:32

Thank you spokette!

Bumping to the top as it's on Thursday.

Does stuff sell quickly, or will they have alot?

spokette Mon 08-Jun-09 12:00:42

Some things sell out more quickly than others so get there early!

lunavix Tue 09-Jun-09 10:08:15

Is the camping stove a double? Is that a good price? And how bout the table?

Lilyloo Tue 09-Jun-09 10:09:06

Anyone have their air beds ? Are they any good ?

spokette Tue 09-Jun-09 10:23:06

The camping stove has two hobs and a grill. It is a very good stove.

This and this might help.

spokette Tue 09-Jun-09 10:27:32

Lilyloo, some info hereabout mats and airbed.

MumHadEnough Tue 09-Jun-09 10:41:35

Ooo think I might give a couple of those self inflating mats a go. I've got two coleman comfort airbeds but one of them has a puncture and I can't bloody find it.

lunavix Tue 09-Jun-09 10:42:17

I was debating either those self inflating mats or outwell junior ones for the kids, any advice?

Lilyloo Tue 09-Jun-09 11:18:58

ooh thanks seems the mats are a better idea then!!

MumHadEnough Tue 09-Jun-09 12:45:45

Just spoke to someone who has these and he says they don't pack down very well. I'm very very tight for space so might have to give it a miss sad

Lilyloo Wed 10-Jun-09 12:30:17

Oh no mum i doubt we will have space for them either , back to airbeds then!!

'Tis tomorrow so bumping again.

I will be after the cuboard and the airer oh and maybe a picnic blanket.....

nikkid21 Wed 10-Jun-09 20:35:48

I'm after the folding shovel as a fathers day pressie for emergency sandcastle building. Also the picnic blackets as I gaffer tape them together on the back and use as a tent carpet. Much cheaper than the £80 that outwell charge for the carpet on my new tent (Florida 6)

gibba8 Wed 10-Jun-09 20:41:01

What a fantastic idea nikki-was wanting a carpet for my montana 6 but do not want to pay £80!!!!!

nikkid21 Wed 10-Jun-09 20:43:42

It won't fit exactly but I find it easier to have a slightly smaller carpet so that it doesn't have the big stuff that we put around the side of the tent on it. Then you don't have to lift everything off when you want to give the carpet a shake out.

Overmydeadbody Wed 10-Jun-09 20:44:25

I am definately getting some of their inflatable air bed thingies for DS and I, I don't think I can take too many more camping trips with just a sleeping bag.

Hmmm how many rugs to roughly carpet a Montana 6 do you reckon, as that was exactly whay I wanted them for. I think 4 would do it.

Slubberdegullion Wed 10-Jun-09 21:04:22

shock OMDB shock shock

Are you really going to buy some KIT?????

Heavens to betsy. What is the world coming to? It's only a matter of time now before you are wanting advice on an in-tent wood fired pizza oven (collapsible)

nikkid21 Wed 10-Jun-09 21:17:56

I think that you will need 6 for a Montana. You living area is 350 X 415 looking at the floor plan. If you put the rugs in a 3X3 formation you will get a carpet of 350 X 405.

For the florida I'm going for 4 in a square as that will give me a carpet of 270 X 350 in my 270 X 5 living area. Means that it won't full cover but I don't mind the sides being free of carpet as we will store bags and stuff there.

nikkid21 Wed 10-Jun-09 21:18:46

Sorry 3X2 formation for the Montana not 3X3

Overmydeadbody Thu 11-Jun-09 10:43:14

<snort> slubber grin

I was tihnking of maybe getting something to sleep on, roll mats or <whispers> air beds wink

Would I loose my status as minimalist camper though? <panics> Will it be a slippery slope to tent carpet and pizza ovens?

Slubberdegullion Thu 11-Jun-09 11:44:05

yup OMDB. Airbeds one minute, next thing you know you'll be in a caravan show room choosing your satellite dish to match your chinz curtains.

Aldi update: I have my fold up spade (thanks to nikki for Fathers day present tip), and two matching picnic rugs. They are very good actually, much bigger than my sainsbo's one and backed with silvery plasticy stuff, so hopefully will keep a bit of heat in too.

I also got 2 more more head torches for the dds.

To finish off I bought a bottle of brandy, not at all camping related but wanted to give the complete feedback picture.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now