Talk

Advanced search

awful forecast -what would you do?

(6 Posts)
hurryup Thu 04-Jun-09 02:55:11

Title says it all really - due to leave for France on Friday night to stay in mobile home for seven nights with dh and 5 children aged 18 months to 10 years. The weather forecast says rain all week. Would you cancel and lose the money or go and risk creating bad memories for your children?

schilke Thu 04-Jun-09 08:33:53

Go! They'll have great memories, not bad ones. My best memories are of wet holidays in Wales. Also, how could you bear to waste th money.

One more thing - weather forecasts seem to change so quickly that it wouldn't surprise me if you had a couple of days of rain and then sun.

BecauseImWorthIt Thu 04-Jun-09 08:35:09

It's still a holiday though - you will just have to find things to do that are suitable for rainy days.

Where abouts in France are you going?

Portofino Thu 04-Jun-09 08:39:21

Oh definitely go! I'm in Belgium. The forecast is frequently pants, and we've had gorgeous days where rain was predicted. It's very unlikely to rain constantly for a whole week so you should still be able to get out and about....

FlappytheBat Thu 04-Jun-09 08:44:05

Go and don't trust the weather forecasts!

Last week we went camping and the weather forecast for the northwest of Scotland was dreadful for the 1st two days of our 3 day trip.

It poured whilst we were driving there but stopped just before we arrived and we then had 3 days of wonderful weather, 29c and clear blue skies for the majority of our stay.

Welly boots and waterproofs, that's all children need, have a great time!!

hurryup Thu 04-Jun-09 12:02:57

We are going to the vendee - thanks for all your encouragement, feeling much more positive than at 3am this morning so of to pack the wellies!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now