Talk

Advanced search

Sleeping advice for a wriggly 14 month old please

(4 Posts)
Daisydaydream Tue 02-Jun-09 17:28:59

Hello, I've been camping a lot myself before becoming a Mum, and am looking forward to our first big family adventure. However, I am always freezing cold during the night, and am worried that my 14 month old will be too. (DH normally isn't, he doesn't feel the cold like I do!)

Does anyone have any advice regarding warmth and sleeping? Are those baby sleeping bags any good, or would several layers and normal gro bag be ok? Hat? Blankets? He is very wriggly at night so we have never used blankets before. Do you take your travel cot, or have baby in with you on an air bed?

Any advice will be very welcome

(This is my first post btw, Hello everyone! :0 )

SheherazadetheGoat Tue 02-Jun-09 18:02:17

dd was this age when we started. we did take the travel cot but she was totally freaked out by the tent. she ended up sleeping with us in a gro bag. good luck dd loved it.

3rdnparty Thu 04-Jun-09 23:31:22

hi, took travel cot but ds woke up but wouldn't settle so ended in with me 1/2 the trip but went down in teh travel cot ok..
I put picnic rug under travel cot, big sleeping bag+ fleece blanket under him (well tucked in), the he was in sleepsuit, fleece, grow bag (with sleeves) in cosy toes from pushchair, added hat once he was asleep as our 1st trip was sep so nights quite cool.
lots of advice from mn all added together really...smile
now hes bigger (4) still do fleece underneath but put set of thermals under thick pjs and he is in own sleeping bag..

if you're going to go quite a lot I think the nomad travel cot uses thermarest as mattress which would have good insulation and proabbly last til 3/4 so amybe worth a look

bump09 Fri 05-Jun-09 10:16:21

Message deleted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now