Talk

Advanced search

Ok, am very very very broke, need to camp on a serious budget!

(10 Posts)
Pawslikepaddington Tue 02-Jun-09 10:20:23

No holiday money this summer-all went on getting the tent etc. Where can we go that is lovely and secluded, quiet, calm, preferrably 2 hours or less from Cambridge and with lots of free stuff to do (we have National Trust Membership, so can do that for free). A number of campsites would be good, as I want to get away as much as possible as we can only go at the weekends.

Thank you you happy campers! grin

zanz1bar Tue 02-Jun-09 10:40:33

try north norfolk, kids only need the beach.

just back from 'manor farm' west runton.

try 'burnham deepdale'

and pinewoods, wells next sea.

all lovely, mostly secluded, non have a club house, no holiday park atmosphere, so calm and quiet ish, just lots of kids.

Pawslikepaddington Tue 02-Jun-09 10:44:42

Yaaaay-that is perfect!! Thank you so much! I am really not into the chip fat, club house kind of campsites, I just like to be able to sit, chat with dd, read together, run around and get all silly and giggly, but like to "get back to nature" as it were-the only battery operated things allowed are the lanterns, and even then we have candle hurricane lanterns for the living area. Oooh I am so so so so excited!!!

EachPeachPearMum Tue 02-Jun-09 10:45:53

mmmm... they sound lovely. Do they get very crowded in summer?

Pawslikepaddington Tue 02-Jun-09 10:49:50

Oh yes!! Pinewoods is near Holkham Beach!!! Spent Boxing day there "sandballing" each other, as dd was desperate to snowball and there was no snow grin. I don't know which to choose first-want to try the tent out this weekend as my final exam is tomorrow, and have spur of the moment decided that we need a break! grin

zanz1bar Tue 02-Jun-09 19:05:39

burnham deepdale is in fields behind a garage, but on the plus side it has a really fantastic cafe.

Pine woods can get a bit boggy if it rains, but great beach.

manor farm is lovely, feels like deep countryside but is only 5 mins walk from co-op and morrisons and beach.

Kbear Tue 02-Jun-09 23:15:19

Fen Farm at Mersea Island is nice - we went last week. There is a footpath leading to the beach, a good beach combing sort of beach, bit of sand but mostly shells, footpath other leading to pub, great food, friendly welcome (Dog and Pheasant) - what more do you need? £22 per night for the tent. Also about five minutes up the road is a country park.

Kbear Tue 02-Jun-09 23:15:34

other WAY.....

Kbear Tue 02-Jun-09 23:16:01

oh and good showers!

fatzak Wed 03-Jun-09 08:43:34

Another vote for Pinewoods - we went at Easter. Loads to do for free - fab beach literally next to campsite, crabbing in Wells, playground on site. There's also trampolines and crazy golf on site for something else to do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now