Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

please recommend family campsites in France or Switzerland, preferably nbeach or lakeside

(8 Posts)
xfabba Mon 01-Jun-09 21:27:39

must have showers

milkybarsrus Tue 02-Jun-09 09:42:10

due to rave reviews on uk campsite and on here in the past I have booked to go to domaine de chaliane in July. Its an all singing campsite with loads going on for my teens and toddler! Its by the lake with all water sports and a man made beach. Hope this helps. Oh forgot to mention it is in france, jura region and its about 70 miles from Geneva Switzerland if you cross the border.

xfabba Tue 02-Jun-09 13:33:57

that sounds good as I am going to visit my sister in Genevba so would be perfect - will check it out.

ANy others?

wohmum Tue 02-Jun-09 23:17:19

We've been [[ http://www.camping-jungfrau.ch/en/camping/sommer/default.asp here]] a couple of times - the website doesn't do it any favours, but lovely site great views, the best showers (family rooms wth underfloor heating!)

Closeish to interlaken and the lakes, but a drive/train to get there rather than on doorstep.

definitely recommended.

we've also been to one in italy on Lake Maggiore here which was lovely if you can get one diretly on thelake - we moved onto the lakeside after 2 nights and it was wonderful - not so good if you are back in the field surrounded by campervans.

motherducky Wed 03-Jun-09 20:58:33

Might not be quite what you are looking for, as it also has some eurocamp caravans etc..

.. but we stayed at one 5 mins (20 walking with toddlers) out of interlaken, and therefore all the mountain trains etc. It has wonderful clean showers and washing up points etc, walks in the surrounding woods and nature reserve, swimming in the lake (has its own beaches) you can also take canoes in at certain times and beautiful lake and mountain views. There is a quiet play area with some really nice play equipment.

It has a shop and restaurant, but both are very spaced out and quite discreet. If only I can remember it's name, I'll see if I can find it on google earth or some where for you.

motherducky Wed 03-Jun-09 21:07:19

manor farm unterseen/neuhaus, I think there may be another site next door that would still allow you all the access to shop, beaches, bus stop etc.

The beaches were lovely because you could wander along the woodland path until you found a small beach all to yourself and then go swimming, heaven, but I'd probably want a smaller site next time if we had all the same access to beaches etc. We never used the restaurant, but did go to the shop for fresh croissants every morning.

xfabba Thu 04-Jun-09 10:24:30

sound just what we are after thanks - will check it out

GoingLoopy Sat 06-Jun-09 23:30:09

WE have just been to this one on the Brienzersee (other end of the lake from Interlaken) and I really liked it:-

http://www.aaregg.ch/

Its really clean, has a new toilet block with kids showers and sinks, family shower room a good playground. And its right on the lake in Brienz, has a beachy bit you can swim from. It doesn't have entertainment but does have a small (expensive) shop and restaurant.

Its not far from Geneva (maybe an hour) and the area has interesting thing to see apart from lakes and mountains.

Ballenberg is definitely worth a visit. Aareschlucht (a canyon) and waterfalls.

There are several campgrounds around the lac d'Annecy in France just over the border from Switzerland. ITs a beautiful area. Be careful as some are along a busy road.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now