Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been camping near Southwold?-or know of other cheap accommodation nearby?

(6 Posts)
Noonki Mon 01-Jun-09 16:43:27

Off to Southwold next week to see my grandparents, but can't stay with them anymore (we're too hectic, they're too old) so want to camp or stay as close to Southwold as possible.

Anyone been camping or stayed around there cheaply?...or are we asking the impossible!

Fimbo Mon 01-Jun-09 16:55:42

I live near Norwich and we go to Southwold for the day quite often, there is camp site/caravan site near the harbour area. Don't know what it would be like though.

Fimbo Mon 01-Jun-09 16:58:21

It's listed here but mixed reviews.

Noonki Mon 01-Jun-09 20:07:29

fimbo thanks so much for that, have tried to book but not open until tomorrow.
It would be great to be in SOuthwold itself as my gps live by the lighthouse so we could walk to see them.

hongkongzoe Mon 01-Jun-09 20:29:16

This campsite is fab. I used to camp there as a teenager and have been a few times in recent years. Walberswick is lovely, fab pubs , great beach...think it gets a bit over run in the school holidays though. The campsite is in the sand dunes and is glorious! Its about a 30 min walk to Southwold too...Or a 15 min drive as you have to go inland and then out again iyswim.

Noonki Mon 01-Jun-09 22:02:30

thanks hongkong, hope we can book a place tomorrow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now