Talk

Advanced search

Oban campsites

(8 Posts)
Poppity Mon 01-Jun-09 09:20:13

I have posted before and had lots of lovely help for camping on the west coast of Scotland, and we are going to Arisaig in August (I know, we'll be eaten alive!)

I now need advice on a campsite in or very near to Oban as we plan to stop for a few nights there first to visit some friends.

They live just north of Oban, about 10 minutes out, and we will be meeting up with them every day, so we don't want to have long to travel if possible.

I have seen a couple on line which seem near, but wondered if anyone knew them?

www.obancaravanpark.com/

www.roseviewoban.co.uk/

We have a trailer tent by the waygrin,thanks!

SheherazadetheGoat Mon 01-Jun-09 09:37:41

we stayed at teh obancaravanpark (at least i think it was that one, looks like it from teh pictures). it was lovely, v. efficient ,clean and lovely views. that was a few years ago.

Poppity Mon 01-Jun-09 18:39:52

Is it very far out of Oban? I think it's in the opposite direction to where my friends live.

SheherazadetheGoat Mon 01-Jun-09 20:11:15

sorry i was thinking about a different campsite.

roisin Mon 01-Jun-09 20:30:16

We stayed at a lovely B&B just north of Oban and I think they had some camping too. It was just near the Sealife place. Hang on, I'll see if I can find the place for you.

roisin Mon 01-Jun-09 20:37:50

I've just been looking, but can't find it - sorry!

Poppity Mon 01-Jun-09 21:48:48

Thanks for trying! Any idea of the name? I could get my friend to check it out then.

PurpleFrog Wed 03-Jun-09 11:49:35

We stayed at Roseview for a week last July with our tent. It was a nice, quiet campsite with ducks that visited the tent! It has a stream running through it and a children's play area. It is in a sheltered valley, though, with no sea views. The main route to it is "inland" from the centre of Oban - about 10 minutes drive, although there is a small un-signposted road up to it from the narrow, coastal road. This caused us great problems on arrival and added about 40 minutes to our journey ! The moral of the story is to follow signposts even when you think you know where you are going ..... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now