Advanced search

i THINK i've inherited an Argos Nevada 5 tent, does anyone have instructions? any thoughts? and then where can we take it?

(13 Posts)
AitchTwoOh Wed 27-May-09 10:14:39

i was thinking loch lomond, maybe?any suggestions?

peachsmuggler Wed 27-May-09 11:02:17

No instructions I'm afraid.

Balmaha is good for camping, although the midgies will eat you alive!!!

Or if you are feeling more adventurous, maybe Arran (am assuming you are on West coast since you are thinking about Loch Lomond). The beach at Blackwaterfoot is great for camping, and had less midgies as is at the sea!

Am quite envious now. We have a tent but DP is not keen on camping sad

Pixel Wed 27-May-09 13:31:35

There are some reviews here. All it says regarding pitching is 'flysheet first' but that should give you a clue! smile

Pixel Wed 27-May-09 13:33:35

Actually, perhaps you could go on the Campsite UK message board? Someone might be able to send you full instructions.

AitchTwoOh Wed 27-May-09 19:04:15

well my sister and i gave it a try in my mum's (the willing babysitter) garden and got it all up in about 40 mins, it's a piece of piss. (obv not al the guy ropes). i think we'll get faster. it seems fine.

now all we have to do is get a good campsite. balmaha, do they take non caravan club members?

peachsmuggler Wed 27-May-09 19:42:34

No, they take non-members, just costs a bit more.

AitchTwoOh Wed 27-May-09 20:12:07

just saw about arran. hmm. how long the journey from glasgow to the place you suggest in arran, do you think? i kinda don't want to be too far from home as we are virginal and i'll have work to do the day we arrive back.
re the dp thing, dh has never been, i havent' camped since i was a child. he's not the outdoors type and is going on sufferance. i think he'll enjoy it if the children do. <hopeful>

peachsmuggler Wed 27-May-09 20:59:57

Weeeel, it's going to be about 45 mins to Adrossan. An hour on the ferry to Brodick, then maybe 30 mins on the bus to Blackwaterfoot. It's not a campsite though, we just camped on the grass up from the beach.

I think with kiddiwinks and a virgin DH you'd be better sticking to a campsite so as not to put them off! If you go to Balmaha you could be home in an hour if it all goes horribly wrong!

AitchTwoOh Wed 27-May-09 21:06:44

okay, am off to google. apparently it's goiing to be a nice weekend. (apprentice on btw. am performing a public service by telling you.)

Kbear Fri 29-May-09 17:11:31

That was our first tent - it's great!

AitchTwoOh Tue 02-Jun-09 17:05:11

thanks for replying kbear. we were actually putting the tent up when you posted. grin

it was actually really good, i thought, very easy to put up. although it didn't look as fancy as some of the ones on the campsite.

what made you get another one, if you don't mind me asking?

Kbear Tue 02-Jun-09 20:53:11

Hello - found it!

We bought a bigger one after a rainy camping trip because we needed more living space. We bought a Hama Rage tent (appropriately named for our best rows when pitching it in high winds LOL) and it's a bit like a Outwell Montana but cheaper! £100 new off ebay.

AitchTwoOh Tue 02-Jun-09 21:00:26

gosh that sounds great. i must tell my sister, she's in the market for a new one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now