Talk

Advanced search

West Dorset or East Devon? Any nice camp sites?

(7 Posts)
MrsVW Mon 25-May-09 16:01:45

We will camp with DS (7 mths) so I am looking for a baby friendly camp site with good facilities and possibly a small shop. We do a lot of walking/hiking so also hope to find one close to some nice walks. Can you recommend any?

serin Mon 25-May-09 20:51:59

Woodfarm in Charmouth is okay if a bit big. There is a nice atmosphere and the swimming pool is heated to tropical temp.We tend to stick with the 5van sites if in the caravan or the certificated sites if camping, you would need to join the camping and caravanning club but will probably save a fortune.

West Bay/Charmouth have amazing walking along the coast paths.

MrsVW Sun 14-Jun-09 15:32:44

Thank you serin. We stayed at Woodfarm for 3 nights and had a fantastic time! The walks are lovely and it felt like being on a holiday (probably because we were very lucky with the weather).

Lilymaid Sun 14-Jun-09 15:55:16

Monkton Wyld is a very nice site. Not sure what you mean by "baby friendly" but it is quiet and clean.

Lilymaid Sun 14-Jun-09 15:56:54

Sorry - just realised that you have already been to Wood Farm - which is also very nice, though on a larger scale!

slummymummy36 Tue 16-Jun-09 13:26:07

We stayed at Pooh Cottage in Budleigh Salterton in August 2007. Lovely site with an outdoor pool. Walkable to a pub.

There were plans to build a proper facilities block as some were in mobile caravan type things. I assume the new facilities must be open by now because the price seems to have hiked up since we were there.

http://www.poohcottage.co.uk/home.asp

Soandso1 Thu 18-Jun-09 14:22:04

I recently took my children to Tom's field near Swanage, great site and we managed well there with a 1 yr old and 2 yr old. laundry, sinks, no bath but I washed the baby in the sink. Good camping shop. There is a link on my camping map www.cathandmathcamping.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now