Talk

Advanced search

Tips for a Womad trip with 3 dc's?

(6 Posts)
curiouscat Mon 11-May-09 18:58:37

Has anyone taken kids to Womad? Any tips? Will we lose them and is there stuff for them to do? We've not been to Womad before. DH likes Glastonbury and I like the Guardian Hay festival so this is our attempt at compromise.

Any advice please, we haven't booked yet but felt Latitude and others were too expensive and at Womad kids go free.

firstontheway Mon 11-May-09 19:47:21

I've been to Womad a few times, but a couple of years go and pre children grin

But from what I remember, it seemed a great place for kids, loads of stuff to do and make, and a 'parade' through the festival grounds which kids can join wearing costumes/masks they've made etc. They'll have a great time I'm sure and the festival itself is fab

curiouscat Mon 11-May-09 21:11:34

Thankyou first, that's really encouraging

HaventSleptForAYear Mon 25-May-09 11:36:12

Bumping for you because I know that someone (oops?) went last year.

verona Thu 11-Jun-09 13:34:49

I went last year with my 2 boys. They had a great time.Loads of craft sessions and there was a library for children. Kids are given wristbands to put your mobile number on.
We found it very family friendly - tho' it helped that the weather was fantastic too

notnowbernard Thu 11-Jun-09 13:38:19

I've been with dc

It's a great festival smile

Had a truly horrible one 2yrs ago though, in the rain and mud <shudders at memory>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now