Talk

Advanced search

Quechua seconds 4.2- Tell me that i really do need it!

(19 Posts)
4andnotout Tue 05-May-09 16:39:20

After trying to put up our huge tent 6 times at least before getting it right i have decided for my sanity sake that we need one of these! Dp thinks our old tent (which was from freecycle so didn't cost anything) will do, i need to convince him!

Lucycat Tue 05-May-09 16:53:52

I was examining this in our local Decathlon (I tell you whoever decided to build that shop within walking distance of my house needs shooting.......)and it looks as though you would have to be very firm with it when striking camp!

we have 2 of the 2 seconds XL III in green and we use them for overnight stops in France. Bloody marvellous things - yes go for it! and get a tarp too!

Hulababy Tue 05-May-09 16:55:18

We have a 2 second 3 man tent for the very very odd time we camp overnight and it is fantastic. So quick.

Is the 4.2 the big one with a middle section and two rooms? Saw it in declathlon and it looks fab.

4andnotout Tue 05-May-09 16:56:00

I was looking at the decathalon website but we dont have any of the shops locally.

Whats the tarp like?

4andnotout Tue 05-May-09 16:57:37

Yes it has the mid section and 2 rooms off it, we have 4dd's under 7 so carry a lot of stuff in our little 1000cc hijet so it would save a lot of space when travelling too.

MerlinsBeard Tue 05-May-09 17:01:34

are these the pop up and down ones? Still not been in our massive tent yet. am not brave enough with the 3 DCs especially as DS3 still doesn't sleep thru! If these are fabbo though it may make things less stressful!!!

lol @ lucycat!! FOrgot you lived thee ha ha!!

Overmydeadbody Tue 05-May-09 17:04:40

The pop-up tents are absolutely fantastic provided you are taking the car and have room for them. I can't get one because more often then not we go camping via public transport and they just don't fit into backpacks <<sob>>

4andnotout Tue 05-May-09 17:07:34

Neither dd3 or dd4 sleep through either but i cant wait until they do otherwise i may be waiting until they leave home!

Lucycat Tue 05-May-09 17:22:03

a tarp is one of these beauties here you go we sit under it - it joins the 2 tents together and protects everything from the elements

hello Mom! keep forgetting you have ds3 now! - how's it all going? - I also didn't know you had joined us in the camping fraternity! smile

Yeni Tue 05-May-09 17:51:28

I have a pop up one from decathlon and it is great but too small. I saw the 4.2 on the website but I'm not near a decathlon to have a look in person. On the video they seem to be putting a groundsheet down first - is that just a footprint? Has the 4.2 got a sewn in groundsheet?

fairimum Tue 05-May-09 20:35:18

They had a couple of pop up tents in Costco at good prices - know they had 2 sizes and we commented on what good value they were, but can't remember anything else!

MerlinsBeard Tue 05-May-09 21:12:45

Am not "in the club" yet Lucycat, still haven;t even unzipped our tent !!!

Yeni Tue 16-Jun-09 13:31:47

I got it in the end and tried it out this weekend. I'm so glad I got it. It was very easy to put up and down. Our garden is tiny so we hadn't tried it out before our tripbut we were still able to fold it up easily into the bag. I needed something quick to pitch and was on the verge of buying a Khyam but this was a fraction of the price.

To anyone in doubt get one, get one, get one.

Lucycat Tue 16-Jun-09 17:06:59

Yay! another Decathlon tent convert - don't suppose you have a photo to show us do you yeni? grin

Yeni Tue 16-Jun-09 17:16:24

No, I don't but this is my third Quechua pop-up so I seem to be quite brand loyal. If they produce a bigger one next year I might have to get that instead but for now it is perfect! I've found a good home for the smallest one now so I don't need to open a tent shop just yet.

bumsrush Tue 16-Jun-09 23:01:56

I want one but the shop is too far away.

amazonianwoman Wed 17-Jun-09 00:02:50

Lucycat you must be scarily close to Decathlon.

I can drive to Decathlon and Go Outdoors - both less than 10 mins - that's dangerous enough wink

4andnotout Wed 17-Jun-09 10:41:23

Did you get the 4.2 seconds base yeni?

We got one too and it is lovely and we got the tarp in beige to match and use it to shield the kitchen unit, i have been putting the pics all over mumsnet im so chuffed with it all!

Lucycat Wed 17-Jun-09 21:14:29

oh yes amazonianwoman - sort of up behind B&Q grin

dangerously close wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now