Talk

Advanced search

BRITTANY IN MAY!!!

(8 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JanuarySnail Tue 20-Jan-09 18:12:16

I love Brittany - go every year - it seems to rain a lot! (Still completely love it tho)

Not very helpful am I. What in particular did you want to know about?

JanuarySnail Tue 20-Jan-09 18:23:34

My family has a cottage over there so it's always a cheapy holiday for us - we self-cater and never eat out (because we are mean, and because we love cooking).

It depends on the age of your children - they might find it a bit boring (we only have tiny ones), my husband used to go en famille as a kid and found it very dull by the teenage years (loves it again now). Having said that the cottage is in the middle of nowhere, very rural, so there really is nothing to do other than take life very easy! But I'm sure if you look around there must be plenty of "activity" type things to do. In fact around the Golfe de Morbihan I'm sure there are lots of water-sports type things to do.

bigTillyMint Thu 22-Jan-09 18:19:54

I've only ever been at the end of July, but the weather always sounds good in June/early July.

I don't know how cold it would be to camp, but the 4* campeites have big leisure pools which keep our DC well entertained!

Leslaki Fri 23-Jan-09 17:40:48

Campign would be fine but I'd take your duvets!!! We went to Duinrell in the netherlands in a mobile in Oct one year and it was cold first thing in the morning until someone was brave enough to get up and put the fire on, then it was fine! I've been to Brittany in June before and it was great! Had better weather in June than we've had other years in August!

Which part of Brittany? I'd look for a site with an indoor pool!!! What ages are DCs? If you're near Quimper there's bowling, indoor soft play etc - great if it's raining!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now